2021 GEC #71 Bull Nose

I have a whole bunch of them in my collection. I got a liking to them in 2017, and started buying them regularly. I feel it's becoming more and more difficult to obtain them now, and they seem to sell out fast these days.

The ones I have are (2017 production) Black Linen Micarta, (2018 production) Orange Delrin; Red Linen Micarta; Green Linen Micarta; Natural Canvas Micarta and Muslin Micarta. In 2019 there was only the slightly smaller Bull Buster produced (I think!) and none of these models in 2020 (but I might be wrong).

I accidentally bought two orange Delrin ones, so I might be taking one out of the drawer to try to trade it for something else.

Z4ZBRYI.jpg

vhKX1aR.jpg
Like the red. Making me regret reserving a green instead.

Here is a 2021, 71 Bull Nose along with some comparison pics with a Maserin Plow....
The Bull Nose is nicely done..... Perfect centering, 95% sharp, within .010" of the backspring being flush in all positions..... No exposed tip..... It meets all of my inspection checks.....
20210513_173808.jpg20210513_173824.jpg20210513_174447.jpg20210513_174409.jpg

I got my red linen 71. I forget how nice these are. It's a simple, classic working knife. But they are so well made. Centering, fit and finish are great. Perfectly flush open and closed. Plus, I like red. I think this will get more day to day pocket time than I was expecting.

You better start saving up in that knife budget. Only gets worse after the first one hooks you. I'm glad you got one!
Sadly they aren't to bad price wise compared to the Hoback's I recently bought. I've been more of a modern locking folder guy for years but used to collect Case knives with my dad and have started getting back into the traditional knives. The sodbuster style pattern is my favorite and this is easily the best quality I've handled. I already want some more variations of it :D

Back