2021 GEC 83 Tascosa Lock Back

I'm gonna get the Bocote that I reserved as Micarta, and I'm sure I'll like it just fine, but I'm still disappointed they changed it.

A badge shield will make for some nice variety.
mHRn7ma.jpg

sparerow

GEC needs to hire a graphic designer.

Ouch; seriously?

Have you seen their label art?

Perhaps they need a "Hardware Symmetry Engineer" to keep your OCD* in check, but whoever drives their Illustrator train is top notch in my book!

*btw I wholeheartedly agree your mockup looks better than the actual photo...

Nice set...I'd be down for that color and the UN-X-LD shield for the upcoming jigged bone
Thanks! It's called Autumn Leaf and varies considerably depending on the light.
Bocote and Stag are great choices for the 83 so I expect GEC will Iikely get their jigged bone color right too.

Ouch; seriously?

Have you seen their label art?

Perhaps they need a "Hardware Symmetry Engineer" to keep your OCD* in check, but whoever drives their Illustrator train is top notch in my book!

*btw I wholeheartedly agree your mockup looks better than the actual photo...

Agree, their label art has significantly improved. Especially like the way the covers change on the 89 Fruit knives to match the covers of the knife covers inside for each of the skus. Photos are better too. Whoever is doing that work deserves praise. However, shield placement seems to be off recently in my opinion. Recent vipers were a bit askew. Doesn't mean I don't like them. First pic is as produced.

GEC-ILLUSTRATED-2.jpg

Where it should be in my opinion.

GECvipermovedshield.jpg

Older 47 acorn shields are pretty centered compared to recent run on the right.

GEC47vipercollection-1.jpg

Agree, their label art has significantly improved. Especially like the way the covers change on the 89 Fruit knives to match the covers of the knife covers inside for each of the skus. Photos are better too. Whoever is doing that work deserves praise. However, shield placement seems to be off recently in my opinion. Recent vipers were a bit askew. Doesn't mean I don't like them. First pic is as produced.

GEC-ILLUSTRATED-2.jpg

Where it should be in my opinion.

GECvipermovedshield.jpg

Older 47 acorn shields are pretty centered compared to recent run on the right.

GEC47vipercollection-1.jpg

You made my heart skip a beat or two there. For a moment I thought the 47 Viper was coming up next.

Hotdog is to plain to evoke much feeling in me. It works. I can’t seem to get along with the cloud though. What is the shield with the Tidioute lettering,banner?

Attachments

• 4C483EDB-79FC-4538-87CD-DBEEC96428C3.jpeg
    4C483EDB-79FC-4538-87CD-DBEEC96428C3.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 13
These are looking really good so far. I think I’m still going to target the bocote wood regardless just because I only have a few wood covers in my collection.

Great.... i cant imagine which i am going to like better. Will i carry the bocote more or the jigged bone more? I guess my hand will have to decide. I like both a lot.

Back