2021 GEC 83 Tascosa Lock Back

Micarta and JB reserved. I didn’t think it would happen. It was like my phone was locked up trying to navigate the site but it went through. Was the first time in the last three notifications I happened to be looking at my phone when it came through. The stars really do have to be aligned

Two out of three is better than nothing; quite good, in fact!

Standby_on_stag; a first world complaint.

Here's hoping the color and jigging are as nice as the ones I passed on almost 6 years ago. The UN-X-LD shield just looks right on these...:thumbsup:

831115-LB-Autumn-Leaf-Jigged-Bone.jpg

I guess we dont know what these are going to look like yet. I wasnt sure what i wanted because of that. Selected the micarta but had second thoughts and figured maybe i should get a jigged bone too... thisll be the first pattern that ill have 2 knives from the same run. Im pretty excited. Usually, im so late to the party i can see all of them and decide what i want to chase or lack of stock removes the variety.

I’m hoping for some nice bone as well. Did they specify if it will be a clip?

Edit: Just checked the production schedule.

Last edited:
Im think i might as well get a collection of these. Ill need the yellow rose variant for the texas theme, being born in texas in 83 adds to the allure. Not to mention itll go well with my yellow rose 97. I should probably get that jigged bone from ‘15 as well. Itll go nicely with my red tailed jigged bone 23.

I was out on the baseball field when the CK message went out. An hour later I saw it, but I knew it was too late. Too bad. The 83 is one I haven't tried, but I think would be one I'd like. Maybe next time!

Congratulations to those who scored one (or more!).

I was texting back and forth with my sister because my brother-n-law fell at work yesterday and broke his leg. The notification went off and I managed to reserve a Micarta and standby for stag. When I clicked on stag it showed green, but when I got the email it said standby. That’s still the best I’ve done at reserving since the 23s. Holding out hope for the stag, but happy to have secured a Micarta! :thumbsup: Oh yeah.......my brother is fine and resting at home today after his surgery.:)
Todd

These are an excellent pattern in my view, a lot of blade in a compact frame, I greatly prefer the Drop-Point version to the Clip though. I like that it locks, plus it's easy to open but I suppose there's a school of thought influenced by the behemoth Buck 110 ;) that believes a locking knife must be massive...:rolleyes: There is a very slight degree of up and down play but VERY slight, if you want peerless construction in a smaller lockback then buy a Moki- they are superbly finished and the spine/spring line up makes it look like a fixed blade :cool:

I'd very much like to get a Northfield Jigged Bone but being in Europe they'll be all sold out & many already on the 2nd hand 'black market' -I've overbought and wanna share the love at 3X mark up - ;) by the time I get up for breakfast...But get one if you can, they're attractive AND good users alright :thumbsup:

Thanks, Will

I’ve never had an #83, but I’m definitely interested in giving one a try. I’m with you 100% on the drop point vs. clip, though. Is a shame this run isn’t the former.

I hope they make a good choice on the Micarta (and shield). I’d be happy with Natural Canvas and the hotdog shield, to be honest. I’m interested to see what kind of jigged bone the Northfield ends up with, although from the photos I’ve seen of previous runs, I personally prefer the Tidioute finish on these.

As for small lockbacks, I’ve got nothing against ‘em. The #83 will feel big compared to this little guy. :D

dqfgh0a.jpg

Lapping up that small Buck you just showed Barrett :thumbsup::cool:

The forthcoming 83s are all Clip? That's my interest gone then....

But I hope you secure one or more, a very tidy pattern.

Regards, Will

Regards, Will

Thanks, Will. I’m not even sure where I got that little Buck (527 Treasury, I believe it’s called). I know didn’t buy it myself, so it must’ve been my dad’s or grandpa’s, but I honestly can’t remember. It is a nice little knife, sub-3” closed. I like how you can see the layers in the Micarta. Lot of brass, though… ;) :D

Regards, Will

I would have killed for a spear. I love the drop point version too. But I can live with a clip. I have a couple reserved, looking forward to seeing them.

Back