2021 releases

I like the aluminum/m390 bugout and the green 945. The mini adamas is pretty cool, but still not something I'd be likely to buy. I am curious about how the cru-wear at 63-65hrc holds up in testing.

I have pretty well have all the Benchmade's I wanted (and then some) and the fact that I am now retired, I probably won't be ponying up to buy any. At least not planning on buying any.

I see that all the Nakamura 484's, the 555's and the 943 are gone.

Ya im diggin that mini adamas too, but may see what happens love my benchmades but the prices are still just so much higher than i think is generally justified most of the time. I got the mini 940 thats been released already at 155 and even think did that really cost this much?!

https://www.benchmade.com/new.html?p=3

Benchmade announcing 2021 releases tons of adamas returning lots of bugouts. Hows everyone feel about the lineup? I know that mini 940 people wanted the non coated blade should be popular

Just finished skimming the new 2021 catalog after getting home from work and I think they played it fairly safe to be honest.

I generally liked what I saw, but that being said, there weren't a ton of actual new models (re: not a different flavour or mini version of a pre-existing model, or a reintroduction of an old model) and most of the completely brand new models seemed to be autos which, with the legal restrictions on knives that come with residing in Canada, unfortunately doesn't mean much to me.

While I'm certainly interested in some of the new variations/updated designs of the Bugout/Mini Bugout, Mini 940, and the updated Adamas family (never got around to picking up an original), I'm still not quite sure I'm interested enough to pick one of them up to replace the extremely similar Bugouts or 940/943s I currently own.

Switching gears slightly, I am glad to see Benchmade branching out and seemingly getting a little more comfortable using some different steels (even if you could probably say they took only a small step in this direction) and using them in the "special"/visually unique models rather than doing their old trick of releasing a cool new variation of something...aaannndd the blade is just S30V with a different colour coating and a unique handle material (I'm sure I'm not alone here from what I remember seeing here in the past).

Overall, I'd say they introduced some tasteful variations of existing models, did a good job updating/reintroducing some long-time models (hunt series, Adamas, etc), and finally(!) seem to be ok with being a little more liberal with steels that aren't S30V. That being said, there wasn't a whole lot that was actually new. I'd give this a new catalog a strong C+ to a low B- imho. YMMV obviously.

ETA: they also did away with some of my personal favourite blades and designs like the 943 and the Anthem (which is particularly disappointing because even though the model was discontinued, I was hoping for something to carry on as it's successor or at the very least, make use of the new system for the Axis lock they had in it and pass that on to a new model).

Can't wait for the traditional design mini 945. I have a feeling they will take a while to filter into Canada however.

Agreed doesnt seem like many actually new designs at this point, and in washington state i suffer the wrath of no auto as well. I may or kay not have a law enforcement exemption however even people that do have that can only carry on duty. I dont think many people want a 250 auto bm on duty though

Mini Adamas is probably the best new product release of the year of all the companies so far, IMO

If you look closely, this Mini Adamas has my name on it:
273fe-2_01_1.jpg

What a sad line up. Mostly just existing models with slight changes.

Maybe Spyderco needs to come over and show Benchmade a thing or two.

Nothing in that lineup stands out to me.
If you’re into tactical that mini adamas g10 tungsten grey blade might be for you.

I'm pretty excited for the Mini Osborne with the uncoated blade. I've always wanted a 940, but after handling one, I decided it was way too big for me. Coated blades aren't my thing either, so I'm happy they are releasing one with an uncoated blade. I was hoping for G10 as Benchmade has some of the only G10 texture that I like in the whole knife industry, but aluminum will be just fine.

The Meatcrafter has piqued my interest but I'll need to handle one first. Looks to be a good size for breaking down an animal. A bit longer and it looks like it would be a great carving knife for the holidays too.

I've wanted an Adamas for awhile, but I just don't like D2 steel for that price. But I LOVE Cruwear, and both the updated standard Adamas and the mini look like must-haves for me now.

What a sad line up. Mostly just existing models with slight changes.

Maybe Spyderco needs to come over and show Benchmade a thing or two.

It's almost like there's some huge thing going on that's disrupting all sorts of companies work right now. Design work, manufacturing, shipping, it's all been slowed down. I would have liked to see more new stuff too, but I understand there's a lot more going on right now, and there's a lot more hurdles for companies to get through this year.

Spyderco just released their 2021 catalog, and it was very similar. A few upgrades to existing knives, and that's about it. They're also focused on producing and delivering all their delayed products from last year.

As per the previous similar thread, just the S90V Bugout for me.

Did anyone proof read the steel page?

I have been considering m390 or 20cv as an alternative to my 90v and found their steel page shows m390 as much higher in strength and toughness than 20cv, which is different than what I've read, so I contacted them about it.

Back