• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

PRICE DROP 205mm Hitachi Blue #2 Gyuto in Asian Satinwood Burl and African Blackwood

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I've been wanting to finish up one in Hitachi Blue #2 for a while now. It was heat treated by Peter's HT to RC63. This one is chisel ground down to near zero before sharpening. The flats on the chisel side were left rough with heat treat scale for effect. The bevels are hand sanded to 600 grit. The handle is Asian Satinwood Burl with an African Blackwood bolster. The spacers are copper and black paper micarta. The pin is 3/32" black micarta.
SPECS:
OAL:
350mm (13.75")
BLADE: 205mm (8") long, 45mm (1.7") heel height. Right handed chisel grind down to near zero before sharpening. The one flat is left rough with heat treat scale for effect. Hand sanded to 600 grit.
STEEL: 0.12" Hitachi Blue #2, heat treated by Peter's to RC63.
HANDLE: Asian Satinwood Burl with African Blackwood bolsters. Spacers are copper and black paper micarta and 3/32" black micarta pin.
$325 Shipped CONUS international buyers welcome shipping extra.
Paypal, checks and money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then email or PM me to make arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

IMG_6456 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6457 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6460 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6461 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6463 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6464 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6465 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6466 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6468 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

IMG_6471 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr