21-21Ganzaaa . . . . .This Sunday February 21, 2021 . . .

I really like the direction the Custom Shop is heading these days, offering more uncoated and non-satin finished options such as competition finish. The hammered finish (not the coating, but REALLY , truly hammered by hand) offerings from the prior ganza was awesome to see so many of them... I've never seen even the slightest amount of those types offered at one time before. I ultimately passed as I really didn't find a model and handle combo that I just HAD to have, but was amazing to see none the less. As much as I love the beauty of a good wood/bone/ram's horn/etc. handle or unique hand-laminated G-10 , I'd just be happier to see some more flavors of non-hand-laminated solid one-piece G-10 or micarta that are not standard offering's along with a nice competition finish. This should be much more cost and labor efficient I would imagine, so I could see it being quite popular for this reason also.

As an aside, I think I might actually prefer the design of the TGLB to the TGULB at this point. Though I can't be certain (just going off years old memories of my TGLB compared to my TGULB), but it just felt so light and nimble in hand despite being a full .25" thick beast. The handle also seemed to work just so effortlessly to lock the hand in just a smidge better being a bit thicker overall, I find the TGULB just a bit thin in every width in the handle to have this effect for me. This is all subjective of course, not to be taken as anything more than that... would be cool if the TGLB were offered in the Busse Storefront again in competition finish. I KNOW these would sell like hotcakes at this point, as it's been quite some time since they've been produced and while they were produced THEY WERE HOT!! I remember talking with Garth about them at Knob Creek, maybe 2015 or so, saying, "We can make piles of them up to the ceiling of the shop and they just keep disappearing!"

PLEASE BRING BACK THE TEAM GEMINI LIGHT BRIGADE FOR A SECOND PRODUCTION RUN IN 2021!!

OG5h6t7.jpg

eUDB8Nc.jpg

GqA0qbh.jpg

Yes. Would like to see more of those G10’s. Perhaps coming to an Exchange near you?

Back