212 Ranger

#048 arrived here this afternoon. Mike makes great sheaths but this 212's sheath is not bad...I'll know better after I carry it for awhile. Preston
DSC_0181.JPG

DSC_0182.JPG

Hey Preston.. Give your kids their toys back!!!;)

Nice pic of a nice knife!!!:D
John

Thanks, John, but that's my toy...from staying in some motel!:D Preston

AFAIK it is the one from the above post. I asked mike to put his pine tree on the front.

Still think a compass with a knife as indicator pointing NW would be a great logo?
Who makes that sheath?
North West!
North West?
Yea Pacific Northwest Leather!!
Ok thanks!

#048 arrived here this afternoon. Mike makes great sheaths but this 212's sheath is not bad...I'll know better after I carry it for awhile. Preston

The sheath is good quality. I like the sewn together design it reminds me of a small 124 sheath. It’s the slotted belt attachment that doesn’t work for me.

A loop attachment would allow it to sit flat on my side. Either that or move the keeper strap closer to the guard. Also the keeper strap is way too tight.

It reminds me of the Kabar sheath except the way it attaches to your belt? I would think the pass through the sheath belt loop would have the sheath hug closer to the hip?

Probably just my body type. I’ll get a picture later. The top of the sheath also rubs my side even through a t shirt it was uncomfortable after a day.

I don’t need to show off the handle.

view

Like I said probably just my body type. I can’t use the slot type sheaths.

If the pictures aren’t obvious. My belt pulls into my love handle causing the blade part to stick way out. With a loop type it offsets the love handle pull in so the blade part rides flat with the handle out a little. Which is why I took the picture unsnapped. To show how a loop sheath would ride better.

Moving the keeper down real low would help too. But in the end a custom sheath is so much nicer.

view

Edit to add what I came up with. It is a joy to carry now

view

Last edited:
Oh I don't know what to do? I really like the size as an EDC knife when i want to get my "Fix" but im on forced knife boycott lol. But i feel i wanna get a numbered one so what to do?
I did get my sons to get the 117 for my EDC fix so i guess i should consider myself lucky?

Almost begs for a redesign. Think just having the snap relocated lower to the hilt like most of Mikes (PNL) sheathes would be better? I like the lower retainer strap design as you know i like to see most of the handle. :D

Back