212 Ranger

I have a Blue Lucite en-route for exactly $212 and that makes me feel like a Ranger, so Bob's your uncle! (I love that saying)

Last edited:
I don’t feel bad using any good knife. That’s what they were made for. I can only enjoy owning them by carrying and using them.

With that said I do get your point.

Yeah I just feel bad using something that purrrrdy.:D

that bcci yellowstone looks the best to me. different blade shape but I like the thinner even handle shape visually. not sure how it would feel under use but sure looks good.

I went against what I planned and broke down and grabbed one of the 420hc phenolic versions....and didnt wait for any sales either.:)

I really like this smaller knife. wanted to have a user besides the lucite I have. this 420hc fits the bill. kinda wish we had a w2 version user one ...meaning lower dollars than the lucites.

yeah 212 ranger....not sure why its named a name....also not sure why the 112 is named when the 110 isnt? or was it and i just never knew its name?

Glad you went and picked yourself up one. At this rate they should of just made it a BF exclusive.o_O I really would like to know the origin of the "ranger" name. One of lifes great mysterys. Lol

In the 1965 catalog the listing is - BUCK FOLDING HUNTER - MODEL #110 - 4" BLADE - $16.00
I'm gettin us way off topic from the 212, but '65 was a 4" blade? wonder if it was that or just close to 4". rounded up routine. its 3.75" today isnt it?

upon doing more looking. I see buck shows the name "folding hunter" as trademarked on their site. so guess that says it all.

Last edited:
What is the chance that when the numbered 212’s are gone Copper and Clad will discount them?

I believe they will restock with unnumbered knives like they always do. And in a month or so, a run of red micarta in S30V.

Back