#217 When was this made?

MTHall720

Gold Member
Hi. I've been trying to get some info on when the model 217 was made. Anyone know? Thanks much

I'm guessing you have a limited edition blade that is #217? I think some of the hogs here could probably narrow it down to a year if they knew which model it is. Post a pic.

There could be 50 to 150 (or even more) blades with #217 on them. so without a pic your question can't be really answered

Just like previously said , No way to tell for sure w/o a pic. Unless you tell us blade length / handle/ specs. Then it would be a fun guessing game.
Give us blade length and what color handle is first let’s see if we can guess without picture first:cool:.
Otherwise if you wanna send a pic (emailed u) I’ll post it for you. Or maybe just continue the games.
My first guess is an abaLe#217 and if so. I T I ! Lol.

Last edited:
Thanks very much. I will take pics and measurements when I get home tonight.

IMG_20190217_181822.jpg The blade cutting edge is 9 inches. The handle provides a secure, padded grip. Feels like some synthetic variant of rubber. I have a fascination for Shiney objects so this now has a quite reflective surface.

I'm attaching to post pics. Sorry the pics aren't better quality. IMG_20190217_181822.jpg IMG_20190217_181251.jpg IMG_20190217_181638.jpg IMG_20190217_181345.jpg

Thanks very much. When I got this knife I had intended to actually use it but I like the looks of it and the way it handles so much that I now keep it by my night stand where I used to keep my katana type sword.

I have been wrestling with that idea. Maybe I will do that. It feels super solid and ready for battle or cutting up dead tree limbs

Another vote for "USE IT"!

Congrat's on a great blade... the B10LE is one of my favorite Busses of all time!!!!

Here's mine right after its first chop...
DEU8te4.jpg

This is the environment where Res-C handles really shine!

And as you can see, it's got me covered.;):thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ditto all the above! Satin Infi is meant to be beat on! can't hurt it. You got a great blade there!

Another vote for "USE IT"!

Congrat's on a great blade... the B10LE is one of my favorite Busses of all time!!!!

Here's mine right after its first chop...
DEU8te4.jpg

This is the environment where Res-C handles really shine!

And as you can see, it's got me covered.;):thumbsup:[/QUOTE

That is a beautiful sight!

B10LE with choil, there may be a #217 B10LE without choil out there in the wild as well (I have a pair of B10LEs with and without that share a #). I believe these went up in a Ganza style offering @2012 with delivery some months after.

Last edited:
Back