25 Owners, have you warmed up to that blade notch??

Now that I do look at it, I like it.
large.jpg

Used to bother me a lot before I purchased one.
Decided to give the knife a chance. I don't even give the knife a second look now. Doesn't bother me one bit.

The notch never bothered me. What did though was how proud the jimping is to the handle when open. When doing any kind of detail work, it made my thumb very sore, so I sold it away. The regulars & 21's are much more comfortable.

I also do not like the notch on 25.

When I handled it I can't remember if I noticed it, but lookjng at it now, that would bug me. It doesn't flow.

You can't be serious.:D:)

I think I'm one of the few people who thinks that aestheticly, 25 is not the best design. That notch just breaks the flow of the beautiful Sebenza spine. The transition done on the past Sebenzas has been perfect. I'm also am not a fan of the finger grooves. For my hands, it just put the tip of the pocket clip straight into my palm and create a hot spot as well as making the knife feel smaller than it should.

Now, I love the new features on the 25: massive pivot, ceramic ball on lockface/detent, and the new large hollow grind wheels that gives it some flat grind features. Take away the notch and the finger grooves then I'll own a 25 again. Until then Umnumzaan will keep me happy.

I wasn't thrilled with the notch at first because the rounded spine is one of the features that I love about the Sebenza. I understood the production savings it made for CRK and thought that it looked fine enough, just didn't like that it took away from a very fine blade profile. I've grown used to it and do t mind it now at all, think that it looks really nice at this point. If I had to complain about the 25 it'd be that there's no pivot bushing and I'd much rather have titanium to steel rather than that ceramic ball; I'd also highly consider removing the finger grooves because my hand falls on the humps when I hold the knife like I do a 21 and when I hold it in the grooves the blade seems too far from y hand- I like the blade to begin close to my grip like it does on the Umnumzaan.

Great knife, just not perfect FOR ME.

The notch never has had any affect on me whatsoever. The ONLY complaint I have about the 25, and it has been mentioned already, is the way the pocket clip digs into my middle finger's joint to my hand. Right there at the bend. The finger grooves make this knife fit my hand perfectly. I like this knife so much, that I don't look for anything else anymore. My search is over, and has been since I first got it. In other words, this 25 is actually SAVING me money!!

Really no big deal for me as far as the indent goes. But the implementation of the new pivot without the bushings is what I miss about the 21.
Also miss having micarta inserts but maybe the 25 will get those too one day. The 25 is a great knife but I've decided to try and see if I can get
a large micarta 21 for it. Any takers? =)

Didn't bother me one bit... Actually I kind of liked it honestly :) Don't have one anymore though

I notice it but it doesn't bother me. I don't see it as out of place really. It is actually pretty well executed in my opinion, like a little finishing touch, just more obvious that the transition on the 21.

There is a blade notch.....??? Never really noticed it, must just be a CRK Perfection Blade Notch. I always figure everything is there for a reason, so I don't question it.

I think I'm one of the few people who thinks that aestheticly, 25 is not the best design. That notch just breaks the flow of the beautiful Sebenza spine. The transition done on the past Sebenzas has been perfect. I'm also am not a fan of the finger grooves. For my hands, it just put the tip of the pocket clip straight into my palm and create a hot spot as well as making the knife feel smaller than it should.

Now, I love the new features on the 25: massive pivot, ceramic ball on lockface/detent, and the new large hollow grind wheels that gives it some flat grind features. Take away the notch and the finger grooves then I'll own a 25 again. Until then Umnumzaan will keep me happy.

Nailed it. ^

Bumped for the benefit of Rubicon Joey, who is wondering about that mysterious notch.

Thanks kid your bump work exactly as intended.

I'm with the OP it bugs me. Really on the fence about 21-vs-25 and the notch is at the top of my list for cons on the 25.
My ideal Sebenza has the following...
21 Lanyard Pin
21 Jimping
21 Spine
25 Washers
21 Pivot Bushing @ 25 Size
25 Ceramic ball
Regular Button Head Style Screws
Made in USA instead of Idaho Made (it's not just a potato, it's an AMERICAN MADE ICON :D)

Smoother finger grooves....

Great knife.
No problem with the notch.
I even find myself searching for it in some gripping positions.
red mag

Back