2nd Knife

View

View
oal 7 1/4" blabe 3 1/4" 440c, ss bolsters and pins, maple burl handle and thong beads,brass thong hole liner, Loveless style rivets
are brass and ss, vine file work with black epoxy goes all the way around the tang.
Special thanks to Bruce Evans, Don Cowels, and Jerry Hossom for the tutorials and all the help in general. And thanks to everyone else in the forums that has been helpful!!!

Chris Dark

[This message has been edited by cdark (edited 04-21-2001).]

Chris, that's fantastic -- you sure got a pair, man -- dovetailed bolsters, vine filework, tasty and rare wood for your handle. The bead is a very nice touch -- is that maple too?

You are on the best possible track, great work. I can't wait to see more!

Dave

Man, thats your second knife????????? Thats some of the best vine file work I've ever seen! Everything about it is outstanding! Sheeeesh you new makers are unbelievable.

------------------
Take care!! Michael
jesus.jpg

Always think of your fellow knife makers as partners in the search for the perfect blade, not as people trying to compete with you and your work!
I currently don't have a web site but am working on one.
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms!!!

Chris, That is a great looking knife,I know what you mean about the help for Bruce Evans and others web sites, they have helped me alot too. Keep up the great work

------------------
Tim Duncan

Wow, that is sweeeeet! The whole piece is gorgeous. Beautiful wood, interesting design, nice touch with the bead and the filework is outstanding. Make more!

------------------
Peter Atwood

email: fountainman@hotmail.com

Wow, that is one good looking knife. Beautiful filework, how long did that knife take you to do? It is fantastic.

Chuck

Thanks guys. If it wasn't for all the great helpful people in the forums This would have probably been a pretty ho hum knife. If it wasn't for Don Cowels it probably wouldn't have the dove tail bolsters, if it wasn't for Bruce Evans it probably wouldn't have decent file work and if it wasn't for looking at all the cool knife posts I might not have even tried. so, thanks again to everybody!!!!! Right know I only get to do this part time. This knife took a long time to finish, a half hour here an hour there. I'm looking forward to when I can do it full time though. In fact I cant wait!!

Thanks again, Chris Dark

[This message has been edited by cdark (edited 04-23-2001).]

Man That is one sweet looking Knife...It took me a few years before mine looked like that,and the filework-Outstanding- it tokk me a couple of years to learn how to do it myself,Glad the tutorial helped out.
Bruce

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

Back