1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

2OT with single blade? (Craftsman 9530 unicorn?)

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by bladecollectorr, Apr 22, 2019.

1. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    Here's a link to a finished auction. Seller ended it early after I asked about knife. Now he's not sure what he has either and is trying to figure it out: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Craftsman-S...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

I'm thinking post-factory custom mod knife. I have certainly never seen anything like it. Was there ever a single blade 2OT? I don't think they exist.

To me the pivot pin looks too obvious and doesn't match the bolsters. When I look at the handling marks on the bolsters and then look at the heads on the pivot pins I see a different finish which implies new pins. The blade looks to have pitting that's been buffed. This is why the stamps are so faint. If it's been buffed, disassembled and re-pinned then its sure not factory.

That's my assessment. What do you think folks?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    TonySal likes this.
  2. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Definitely looks to have been messed with. The pen blade was probably broken and the knife was converted to a single blade single spring.

TonySal likes this.
  3. Larry303

Larry303

Jul 28, 2005
    Having owned 8, 2 OT's I can confirm that was ""once"" an original 2OT Schrade Old Timer...it has been considerably interfered with..... including the loss of its second blade..the pins appear original and it has obvious crack to bone handle.....mild curiousity value as an EDU providing pen blade is firm in action....pity....the 2OT is a grand knife to hold/view....Hoo Roo

TonySal and TheChunk91 like this.
  4. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    There are a few masterful cutler/mechanics who are "restoring" these now, given their popularity and market value. Including scale patches and full scale replacements, and even new blades welded onto the original tang stamped stubs. It is becoming a minefield on these (SW and Craftsman) and there is no easy way to detect the tampering. At least from photographs. Buyer beware.

TheChunk91, TonySal and Larry303 like this.
  5. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Hi, Larry; knice to hear from you occasionally. I can attest that those 2OTs are nice to rub one's thumb on whilst contemplating other things. IMG_2092 (Large).JPG

TheChunk91, 315, Larry303 and 2 others like this.
  6. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    Thanks for all your replies folks. I think we all see the knife the same.

TonySal likes this.