2OT

I don't know much about this solid knife, but it snaps like a bear trap. The Schrade tang stamp is from 1946-1973. It is 3.25" closed.
BQstb1N.jpg

fKpEVzB.jpg

nBWS33c.jpg

- Stuart

A beautiful knife in tremendous condition!
Thanks. I was surprised when I saw on some of the older threads in this forum that it is possibly from 1961 because it is so clean. I inherited the knife, so I don't know much about it other than what I read.
- Stuart

You've got one of the most sought after Schrade Walden knives out there Duckdog, the original Old Timer. What an amazing piece to inherit, congrats!!!

If you need any info on it that you can't find on this site, feel free to shoot me an email, I might even have a copy of the original ad around here somewhere. I've got one myself in the original box, they sure knew how to package knife in the old days!

ealbers@hvc.rr.com

Eric

Last edited:
Duckdog,

As Eric stated, that is one of the most sought after Schrade knives. That knife was produced in 1959 & 1960 only. It is one of the Original Old Timer Knives produced by Schrade. I am very fortunate to own the Schrade Factory Collection 2 OT as well as it's brother the Schrade Factory Collection 3 OT. The 3 OT was produced to see if it would garner any interest (Only 13 were produced), and it did not get the interest so it was not produced beyond the 13. The 3 OT has a Sheepsfoot blade versus the Spear, otherwise it is Identical to the 2 OT.

Your Inherited knife is in Excellent condition and probably valued in the $400 dollar range or more.

Tom

Tom, glad you put that value up, wasn't sure if it would be OK to post it so I threw the old email addy up with hopes of Stuart contacting me regarding that. Hate to see a guy get fleeced by lurking predators so to speak. Here's mine, sold off two others to get it but I figured one's all I need and if I'm going to have one this is it lol. This is just how they were marketed, only thing missing is the inside label. This knife was in the collection of an old Schrade employee who started at Ulster in 1938:

Schrade Walden 2OT.jpg Schrade Walden 2OT 2.jpg

Eric

Tom, glad you put that value up, wasn't sure if it would be OK to post it so I threw the old email addy up with hopes of Stuart contacting me regarding that. Hate to see a guy get fleeced by lurking predators so to speak. Here's mine, sold off two others to get it but I figured one's all I need and if I'm going to have one this is it lol. This is just how they were marketed, only thing missing is the inside label. This knife was in the collection of an old Schrade employee who started at Ulster in 1938:

View attachment 750078 View attachment 750079

Eric

You've got one of the most sought after Schrade Walden knives out there Duckdog, the original Old Timer. What an amazing piece to inherit, congrats!!!

If you need any info on it that you can't find on this site, feel free to shoot me an email, I might even have a copy of the original ad around here somewhere. I've got one myself in the original box, they sure knew how to package knife in the old days!

ealbers@hvc.rr.com

Eric

Duckdog,

As Eric stated, that is one of the most sought after Schrade knives. That knife was produced in 1959 & 1960 only. It is one of the Original Old Timer Knives produced by Schrade. I am very fortunate to own the Schrade Factory Collection 2 OT as well as it's brother the Schrade Factory Collection 3 OT. The 3 OT was produced to see if it would garner any interest (Only 13 were produced), and it did not get the interest so it was not produced beyond the 13. The 3 OT has a Sheepsfoot blade versus the Spear, otherwise it is Identical to the 2 OT.

Your Inherited knife is in Excellent condition and probably valued in the $400 dollar range or more.

Tom

Thanks, Eric and Tom, I appreciate the extra information. The value estimate is good info, though I'm not looking to sell it I like Barlows a lot. I'm still learning about knives, including the ones that I have inherited or found. I joined this group for research and have found a fun and welcoming spot to walk around, looking and learning. While I have more Battle Axe, Case, and Queen than others, I do have some more Schrade (Safety Push Buttons and PRESTO paratrooper) and will post some. The 2OT does catch the eye (I really like the work on the brass liners seen aside the springs from the back).
- Stuart

Dang Eric, that is gorgeous. I might even rank that one higher than my Factory Collection 2 OT since you have the original wrapper and box with it. IF you ever decide to part with that beauty...you have my number and email address.

Stuart, I would be more than happy to answer any questions that I can about your other Schrades. You can send me an email or PM if you like. Thanks for posting that 2 OT

Tom

Dang Eric, that is gorgeous. I might even rank that one higher than my Factory Collection 2 OT since you have the original wrapper and box with it. IF you ever decide to part with that beauty...you have my number and email address.

Stuart, I would be more than happy to answer any questions that I can about your other Schrades. You can send me an email or PM if you like. Thanks for posting that 2 OT

Tom
Thanks, Tom. - Stuart

Anyone notice the old box wood Eric used as a back drop for his SPECTACULAR 2OT.

Tom you might want first right of refusal on those boxes as well.

Great pictorial hides within this site that I believe includes the story on those boxes if my memory serves me correctly.

That was a box that contained about half a dozen bronze sheets, found it in the old Schrade Walden/Ulster building when we were cleaning up after Canal Street Cutlery closed. Amazing really how long it sat there undisturbed.

Here's a copy of that original catalog page I mentioned above:

Schrade ads175 copy.jpg
Eric

I went back and found the thread I was referencing that you started Eric that had pictures of the Walden/Ulster building you mention. Unfortunately all the picture links where broken.

It was some real inside baseball stuff of knife making history for those that didn't get a chance to see the pics.

Beautiful! It's great to see some of the original packaging is still around. I'd always thought I'd need a time machine to see what the whole shebang looked like, but I've come to find out that there are individuals out there who had the forsight to squirrel a few of these away, along with many other beauties. My hat's off to them.
Fatcity I'll try to find those pictures and re-post them, along with a few others.

Eric

This thread is like 2OTapalooza. Another incredible knife in its entirety kgold.

Nice Eric can't wait to see those pics again. This time I'm going to save them if you don't mind.
Oh and I keep forgetting to update my sigline it's Phil.

Back