3, 2, 1....... Snark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just popping in between my 3 state visit to say snark. 3 hrs. since the last post is far too long for a sunny Monday. Went to MA this morning, then to NH and now I'm off to Portland, ME. Yay. At least I'm getting paid for the windshield time.

Just popping in between my 3 state visit to say snark. 3 hrs. since the last post is far too long for a sunny Monday. Went to MA this morning, then to NH and now I'm off to Portland, ME. Yay. At least I'm getting paid for the windshield time.

Sounds like you need a motorcycle!

I been thinking about getting one. Looking at the Kawasaki KBR (KBL? KBX?) 650. It's a dual purpose so it will be perfect to take to GLIB next year... Just gotta figure out what to do with those danged snakes!

I'm spending most of this week with pops. I put in way too much work last week, and my mom and sister are in Africa right now so it's my responsibility to make sure pops is taken care of. So, I'm doing my best... :D So I'm here, but not really here.

I been thinking about getting one. Looking at the Kawasaki KBR (KBL? KBX?) 650. It's a dual purpose so it will be perfect to take to GLIB next year... Just gotta figure out what to do with those danged snakes!

I'm spending most of this week with pops. I put in way too much work last week, and my mom and sister are in Africa right now so it's my responsibility to make sure pops is taken care of. So, I'm doing my best... :D So I'm here, but not really here.
Motorcycle would be great but real tough to carry tools, parts, wire and - especially - ladders. I had a motorcycle 20 years ago when I started in this business, but too much time driving my work vehicle left no time to drive the MC. Sold it, then kids and more work.....maybe I'll get another one when I retire.

Motorcycle would be great but real tough to carry tools, parts, wire and - especially - ladders. I had a motorcycle 20 years ago when I started in this business, but too much time driving my work vehicle left no time to drive the MC. Sold it, then kids and more work.....maybe I'll get another one when I retire.

a 63 minute spaced double tap... NICE! That is rare.

I guess you'd need a motorcycle, with a trailer... Actually that would be kind of funny to see. A trailer loaded down with work stuff (including ladders and everything else.)

Ill drop just a few here, and then if i cant find anywhere.. .besides general... to post them.. Ill just post a link here to all the pictures... I only uploaded a few so far. I have over 160 pictures from the weekend so ill be uploading more during the next day or 2 as well.

Dan Keffeler, Doug Peters (President of Peters Heat Treat) and me
14775402720_cbfdf75483.jpg

Brad, Me, and Dan
14939084736_8f90984a71.jpg

Cutting the 1" rope, you can see the cut piece falling to the ground.
14939082986_13682de4c0.jpg

Water bottles, I made it through all 6 bottles.
14939083076_52a4513973.jpg

Rolling tennis ball cut, notice both pieces in the air, the lady who was taking the pictures for me was doing a great job.
14961731812_6fe0d1ac44.jpg

Golf ball cut, you can see 1 half of it flying through the air just under my cutting hand.
14775401230_1a239f54ef.jpg

Vertical 2x4 cut
14775534347_661e77f56a.jpg

And last but not least the horizontal 2x4 cut
14961732592_17e0570a74.jpg

There are many many more pictures, i have not yet uploaded any of the 2 different heat treat facilities i had the chance to visit but i will soon enough and ill post a link to them here.

You can blame tapatalk for that double post. I think what would be better for work is if I just got a regular MC and converted to consulting instead of installing. ...but I LIKE tools, probably the reason I got into knives in the first place. So yeah, retirement. At least from this line of employment.

I think what would be better for work is if I just got a regular MC and converted to consulting instead of installing. ...but I LIKE tools, probably the reason I got into knives in the first place.

There are lots of tools in consulting.

Be cool to see your other pics WW. I imagine the rolling tennis ball was a challenge. Good stuff man..........oh, and where did you get that ugly green shirt? :thumbup:

Nice pictures WW, looks like a good time.

Thanks bro, i had an amazing time.

Be cool to see your other pics WW. I imagine the rolling tennis ball was a challenge. Good stuff man..........oh, and where did you get that ugly green shirt? :thumbup:

Thanks bro, the rolling golf ball was a little more difficult than the rolling tennis ball because it went faster and was harder material but both the moving targets was a lot different than what im use to cutting when camping LOL.... Really the most difficult cuts were the straws in my opinion. Force is your enemy there.

And thanks again for the shirt :D A couple guys were asking about the M-18 and liked the design. I gave them your website info!!!

Oh and feel free to send that sexy mini hatchet when ever you get a chance, im home and ready :D

Very cool WW. Looks like you did great too.

Thanks Trade! I sure did my best, Dan is a great teacher, he explained things in ways that made sense.

I uploaded another ~60 pictures, including pictures of both of the heat treat facilities. Here is a link to my Flickr account for anyone interested in seeing them, i figured i shouldn't post another 60 pictures here LOL..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/107620585@N04/

Let me know if the link doesnt work and ill figure something else out. I just figured this would be the easiest way for the people who wanted to see it without taking up space for the people not as interested.

im not a bow hunter but ive always wanted to learn, the only bows ive ever shot are the cheap walmart ones at scout camp, well today my dad gave me his old brush bow, it an wing archery red wing hunter, man im looking forawrd to using it!

Great pictures woody. I cant believe you didnt mind everyone seeing that naked pic of your wife.......

Made you all look.......snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back