3, 2, 1....... Snark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any area that is really a "Community" things are much less likely to break down. In places though where neighbors dont talk to each other or have a sense of community or friendship with each other, I think we would be much more likely to see movie style antics.
Hell just look at how New Orleans turned durring the flooding. Even in stadiums being used for shelter, they raped and murdered each other. My take is if you can get out of a bad area in advance do it, but if you cant holding up for a week or three till the most obvious lunatics have cleaned most of each other up, isnt a bad idea. I think Towns would still stay towns, but Cities would go to hell in a handbasket.

*sigh*, nevermind.

Last edited:
Most humans are basically sheep. In the event of a catastrophe, most will either cower right where they are and die slowly, or follow the "herd" and die quickly. That's a tremendous advantage to me. ;) Have fun with that :D

In any case: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Right on. I daresay I'm one of the mellowest human beans you'll ever meet, and I very much prefer it that way. I avoid direct conflict whenever practical. Life is just a lot more fun when you make friends or at least stay neutral. :)

But I try very hard to never cross paths with anyone -man woman or child - without sussing their strengths/weaknesses and figuring out a plan to cut them off at the knees and run like hell if need be.

That goes for bar-fights and business meetings alike. It's not personal, and it's not paranoid. That's just they way it is.

Heading down to the cabin in a bit. Take it easy gents.

I'm glad all you others stepped up to cover the SHTF discussion.

After all the research, discussion, planning and prep, I realized that if we as a society do experience some sort of global apocalypse or catastrophe not related to weather or an act of god then we have already failed to do the above...and deserve what we get.

But I try very hard to never cross paths with anyone -man woman or child - without sussing their strengths/weaknesses and figuring out a plan to cut them off at the knees and run like hell if need be.

That goes for bar-fights and business meetings alike. It's not personal, and it's not paranoid. That's just they way it is.

And here I thought you were completely rat-legged schnockered. You were sizing all three of me up.

I think if there is a Government SHTF Armageddon Failure, we all meet at Half Moon Ridge and enjoy the hell out of it.

been looking at khuks lately, and having narrowed it down to HI and KH I will go with KH. The fact that HI khuks get blessed in dedication to their god turns me away. I guess that I will get a KH villager eventually.

been looking at khuks lately, and having narrowed it down to HI and KH I will go with KH. The fact that HI khuks get blessed in dedication to their god turns me away. I guess that I will get a KH villager eventually.

Since you brought it up, and I'm not out of line, why does that bother you?

Doc

I guess I can't put a literal finger on it, but I believe in God. For me, buying something that has been offered to another deity just sits wrong. It would be like eating something that was sacrificed before a Santeria altar, at least for me. Everybody has the right to choose their religion, but I don't have to take part on it. The fact that it is something they don't hide made it easier; had I not known, I might have gone for one of their blades.

I guess I can't put a literal finger on it, but I believe in God. For me, buying something that has been offered to another deity just sits wrong. It would be like eating something that was sacrificed before a Santeria altar, at least for me. Everybody has the right to choose their religion, but I don't have to take part on it. The fact that it is something they don't hide made it easier; had I not known, I might have gone for one of their blades.

I understand. I never knew they did that. I guess for me, it would depend on what "god" it was. If was one associated with some religion I have personal issue with, I would pass it by as well. But, there are not a great many that bother me that much.

Thanks for answering.

Doc

I love Wally World. That is all.
IMG_23221_zpscffa8acb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back