• Traveller

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spartan Lite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Favorite 3 layer SAK?

For me, it has to be the Climber.
I can live without a dedicated Phillips, but I must have the scissors.

Farmer for me , as the inline awl is great for deburring pvc pipe and the saw for cutting said pipe and also does a bang up job on drywall

I am guessing Farmer, Climber and Pioneer X where they get more press would be more popular, but the beauty of SAK is there is always gonna be one that will fit the bill, and you could always get something different if you grow out of it.

The Camper is a better tool but the Farmer is nicer in hand and in the pouch (thinner) and pulls me more often. :) Where would we be if we were all rational? :D

farmer.jpg

As I looked at the choices.. I realized that I have none of those patterns.. HMMMM..
John

Harvester. I prefer the additional blade over the farmer. I think the hiker might be next in line because of the pure value of it.

One Handed Trekker. It goes with me on longish day hikes if I don't take any other tools like a folding saw. It is almost never in my pocket unless it is a temporary holding place because I'm using it. It goes inside whatever carry bag I have with me.

I also like the Locksmith but it does not go with me in the outdoors. It is purely kept inside my field bag inside my truck as a tool along with bigger knives that I might need on occasion.

Last edited:
I have the Pioneer X, Super Tinker and Climber... a SAK without scissors is no bueno for me. Out of the three i'd say the Climber is probably my favorite. I use the corkscrew a lot to pick knots out of the string I use to tie up my veggie plants in the garden.

I have the Pioneer X, Super Tinker and Climber... a SAK without scissors is no bueno for me. Out of the three i'd say the Climber is probably my favorite. I use the corkscrew a lot to pick knots out of the string I use to tie up my veggie plants in the garden.
I'm just the opposite. A SAK with a scissors is just wasted on me so I don't buy those models normally.

Man, it's tough to beat a Farmer for rounded robust utility. Obviously the Camper is close and adds a couple more functions, but the stoutness of the Farmer is a tool in of itself.

I would say for travel I would lean toward the Climber, but when I carried a SAK daily, it was usually my Farmer. The saw can really come in handy when you need it, and the extra layer makes it a little more comfortable to use compared to the old Soldier model I've had since 2003.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
My heart says alox farmer :cool:. My head says splinters, tweezers and therefore the camper :rolleyes::)

This is an interesting Sakai Trekker which has had its wooden handle slabs replaced with Titanium slabs. There is room in the handle for 3 SAK tools: pen, tweezers, and toothpick. The main blade is ZDP-189. I think this handle set up would work on any 91mm SAK.

The Farmer is my choice. I like the saw, rarely have need for scissors in the outdoors, have only used the tooth pick to access the tweezers which I've not found to be very effective for anything but minor tasks.

Back