3" models

Hello,

I've been following your work closely and am amazed by all the things you guys achieved in such a short period of time.
The designs look awesome and, from what i've been reading and watching, the quality is excellent.
So, congratulations.
I never owned or handled a Reate but i plan on doing so... when you start building smaller models:D
I edc smaller knives so it would be great to be able to buy a 3" version of your current designs.
A Liong Mah remedy would be amazing with a 3" blade.
Are there any plans to make smaller folders?

Thanks

Hello,

I've been following your work closely and am amazed by all the things you guys achieved in such a short period of time.
The designs look awesome and, from what i've been reading and watching, the quality is excellent.
So, congratulations.
I never owned or handled a Reate but i plan on doing so... when you start building smaller models:D
I edc smaller knives so it would be great to be able to buy a 3" version of your current designs.
A Liong Mah remedy would be amazing with a 3" blade.
Are there any plans to make smaller folders?

Thanks

Thanks for your message. We have plans to make smaller folders in the future and first will begin with 3.25'' blade. If you have any good ideas welcome to share with me. Thanks again for your support.

----------Reate Knives--- ----Cherish

A 3.25" would be great! Preferable stone-washed M390 steel, multi-row ball bearings, steel insert, sandblasted natural titanium handle, or some nice carbon, deep carry pocketclip, not too many colors in the hardware, just plain stainless, maybe bronzed. No backspacer, just titanium standoffs.

I wouldn't mind a Wharncliffe blade ... Flat grind, no hollow grind. Thin behind the edge, so it is a real cutter/slicer...

Ooops! Just wetted my pants

Last edited:
+1
3,25" wharncliffe blade and lightweight (up to 80g) would be nice.

Any news yet? Since here is no smaller Reate, I was forced to buy a ZT 0450... I will send you the bill, David!

How about a 3.25" ti framelock w/ sheepsfoot blade? Stainless lock bar insert and deep carry pocket clip that does not impact the lockbar. Ano'ed scales in bronze or blue. That's what I would buy.... 7.5" overall length. Just wishing for it.

The smallest Reate thus far is the Liong Mah designed Warrior One with a 3.375" blade.

In a few weeks the Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Bodega will be available with a 3" blade in two models.

89D56B3D-03F8-4096-9C1D-977A44A98EB7_zpsgth0i4hx.jpg

87F8A25C-1ED2-472E-B103-F55018293AEC_zps3k76fho0.jpg

That looks beautiful!!!!!!!

Where and when will this be available? Any indication of price at this stage???

I agree with everything stated here except the Wharncliff or Sheepfoot blade - not for me. Make mine a regular drop point/clip point blade and I am all in. And, try to keep it at or below 4 oz if possible.
A 3.25" would be great! Preferable stone-washed M390 steel, multi-row ball bearings, steel insert, sandblasted natural titanium handle, or some nice carbon, deep carry pocketclip, not too many colors in the hardware, just plain stainless, maybe bronzed. No backspacer, just titanium standoffs.

I wouldn't mind a Wharncliffe blade ... Flat grind, no hollow grind. Thin behind the edge, so it is a real cutter/slicer...

Ooops! Just wetted my pants

Love the knife I just wish it wasn't $400+ dollars.

The smallest Reate thus far is the Liong Mah designed Warrior One with a 3.375" blade.

In a few weeks the Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Bodega will be available with a 3" blade in two models.

89D56B3D-03F8-4096-9C1D-977A44A98EB7_zpsgth0i4hx.jpg

87F8A25C-1ED2-472E-B103-F55018293AEC_zps3k76fho0.jpg

That looks beautiful!!!!!!!

Where and when will this be available? Any indication of price at this stage???

Love the knife I just wish it wasn't $400+ dollars.

Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Bodega made by Reate with a 3" blade of S35VN, 3D milling, skeletonized frame, ceramic IKBS bearings, ceramic detent and ceramic clip end will be available in a few weeks for $445.

Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Bodega made by Reate with a 3" blade of S35VN, 3D milling, skeletonized frame, ceramic IKBS bearings, ceramic detent and ceramic clip end will be available in a few weeks for $445.

I am on that asap!!! To the people bitching about the price, cogitate for a moment on what this would cost if made in Golden Colorado? If they could even build to these tolerances. Yeah sure, I want a Begg original for 250$ also...
Russ

I'll wait to see the reviews when it comes out. I hope it is as great as everybody is thinking it will be.

If I don't like the $445 price tag, I'll just get it lightly used for under $400 when someone needs the money or has buyer's remorse. Not a big deal.

If the Steelcraft Mini Bodega is anything like the Steelcraft Kwaiken we're in for a treat at a relatively good price of $445.

Right now, KnifeCenter has some Todd Begg Custom Field Grade Bodega Flipper 3.75" N690 Blade with Sculpted G-10 scale for $895! So, for half the price you're getting better steel (S35VN vs. N690) and all sculpted titanium!

I believe Todd Begg Knives is phasing out their Field Grade line in favor of the Steelcraft line. If so, it's a win for knife users.

Is the black version going to have the two tone blade? A picture of it on another retail website shows the blade as all blackwash, no two tone.

I believe Todd Begg Knives is phasing out their Field Grade line in favor of the Steelcraft line. If so, it's a win for knife users.

I have seen some pretty questionable reviews of the field grade Bodega. Especially on the blade grind. So if Reate can bring their amazing attention to detail in manufacturing to bare, this could be a huge win for everyone.

Back