3 pack combination for everything

Hello good people.

I’m looking for some advice/feedback. I am wiping the slate and starting over with my packs. I have some older less comfortable packs that I will be selling and I’m starting over fresh.

I live in Calgary alberta and hike frequently but hoping to do more multi day trips. I’m weight conscious when I say hike but prefer comfort for multi day trips. There is significant elevation changes. And I have to ship to Canada.

So I’d like to know what choices you would make if you were to choose 3 or 4 packs to fulfill your needs. And feedback on where I’m going. Price, while a factor, is not the concern for the moment.

Here are my thoughts:

Bag 1: (30-35 litters) - day hikes, moving fast with minimal load. (Leaning on osprey talon 33.) I currently have a camel pack at 20 and it’s a bit small. It could also be family hike not going far.

Bag 2: (50-60 litters) larger daypack/minimalist overnight with hunting application. Ability to hold firearm And load out. Comfort under tough terrain and versatile. Options (Hill People Gear Ute, mystery ranch pintler, stone glacier 3300)

Bag 3: (75+ litters) multi day trips in the Rockies. I’m looking for comfort as I carry my gear up and down. (Wide open)

Thanks.

Have you been the mountain equipment co-op store yet? The mec brand stuff is pretty good value.
Osprey is a good choice as well, for both the daybag and the big bag.

Back