• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

3 paring knives

I just finished up 3 more paring knives that I'd like to offer for sale.
Although not all are exact they are all roughly 7.25-7.5 inches overall with 3.25 inch blades
All are made from .040" stock but by the time they are done are usually around .030" in thickness give or take.

Option 1 Asking $50, is made from 26C3 carbon steel with a targeted hardness of 63 HRC with stabilized leopard wood scales. (I did come across a worm hole as seen in picture but is filled with epoxy)

Option 2 & 3 (both SOLD) are both made from AEB-L stainless heat treated targeting 62 HRC including LN2 cryo treatment. They both have scales made from stabilized ambrosia maple.

Asking $60 each which includes shipping to the US.

I can accept PayPal at kirbys65@hotmail.com or check (held until cleared before shipping)

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0451.jpg
IMG_0452.jpg
IMG_0453.jpg

Last edited:
#3 I'll take it!

I think this makes my 4th blade from you out of only 5 forum purchases. That should let you know how much I am loving your work.

Agreed, these remind of mom’s old hickory paring knife only better. Hope to see more of your work, have to ask: is this your full time job?
I wish it were my full time job but it's just a hobby in between my real job. I started about 2 1/2 yrs ago after my grandfather gave me an old hand cranked coal forge. That's still the only forge I have, but obviously a lot of the blades I make are stock removal also.

Are these knives of the right length for segmenting citrus, peeling cooked potatoes, deveining shrimp, trimming artichokes, or cutting up berries or should I try imarku kitchen knives?

Back