• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

30 Days Short of 3 Years.. The Long Wait

One thing that I think Survive could do to reassure fans and skeptics alike would be to provide transparency in the form of hard numbers. I realize it wouldn't be realistic to ask for precise, up to the second numbers, but regular updates on the rough number of backorders that are still waiting and the number of knives being sent out per batch to address those backorders would go a long way to demonstrate the problem was shrinking, not growing and that they were, indeed, working to resolve their issues.

Nice, even keeled and cogent post without any of the excessive emotions from the pro or the against crowds.

I very much doubt if S! Will be transparent to that level but for the sake of the many who are still waiting 3 years to get their Factory-Firsts, I’m hoping that the proximity to Millit Knives is more than a mere collaborative project. It will be a great outcome for their customers and end users if Millit becomes a part owner or takes over the majority of their management process in addition to their production processes.

You are right that the only possibility of a good outcome for customers is for the fulfillment reins to be given over to Millit, with the current Survive's staff's contribution being limited to design.

These are people who publish a Production Schedule where the only dates present are sales order dates. Nowhere else on the planet does such a thing constitute a Production Schedule and no one with a clue would want their name associated with it.

One thing that I think Survive could do to reassure fans and skeptics alike would be to provide transparency in the form of hard numbers. I realize it wouldn't be realistic to ask for precise, up to the second numbers, but regular updates on the rough number of backorders that are still waiting and the number of knives being sent out per batch to address those backorders would go a long way to demonstrate the problem was shrinking, not growing and that they were, indeed, working to resolve their issues.

Your proposed solution is based on the assumption that the alleged knifemakers at Survive? aren't pleased with how their alleged company is being run. They have dozens if not hundreds of gullible people that line up to pay for products that don't exist and and what seems to be an inexhaustible number of shills and co-conspirators to keep the suckers...er, I mean the customers distracted while their pockets are being picked. Why in the world would they change ?

Your proposed solution is based on the assumption that the alleged knifemakers at Survive? aren't pleased with how their alleged company is being run. They have dozens if not hundreds of gullible people that line up to pay for products that don't exist and and what seems to be an inexhaustible number of shills and co-conspirators to keep the suckers...er, I mean the customers distracted while their pockets are being picked. Why in the world would they change ?
There's certainly no economic incentive to change. Maybe they'll suddenly discover ethics.

Never mind.

Maybe Apple should've waited to make a decent phone? ;) not really a joke - 'you're holding it wrong :('

That aside, how do you compare one of the largest (maybe THE largest) corporation in the world to a family business? Is that fair? Maybe S!K should start making knives in China, where people jump out the window?

That is an absolutely ridiculous comparison. Apple has thousands of employees and outsources their labor to China. Which are manufactured with slave labor. Then sold back to you at a 10,000% mark up.

Clearly you didn't read the first part of my post.....
Just for humor, <snip>

And for the record, I love my 2 UB 4.7 Cru-V's, but, if I had to wait 6+ months I would have been fine to miss out regardless of the brand.

The wait for 1st quality CFVs was well past 6 months but Survive provided plenty of entertainment by making up ridiculous excuses and updated delivery dates that they failed to meet.

I'll admit it. I just come to GBU for the internal drama when I'm bored. Rarely am I disappointed. Sue me.

When I read this several things came to mind.

However I'll play nice and just say apparently this individual is either a scorned fan boy or derives some twisted sense of pleasure from others people's misfortune.
In either case it appears that simple-mindedness is the curse of certain individual's existence and the bane people of those who find themselves subjected to it....

When I read this several things came to mind.

However I'll play nice and just say apparently this individual is either a scorned fan boy or derives some twisted sense of pleasure from others people's misfortune.
In either case it appears that simple-mindedness is the curse of certain individual's existence and the bane people of those who find themselves subjected to it....
One should enjoy the entertainment wherever and whenever he finds its.

So... to clarify,
Firsts/Preorders are up to 3 Years and growing from purchase to receive...
2nds are now up to 1 Year and growing ship time from purchase...

So... to clarify,
Firsts/Preorders are up to 3 Years and growing from purchase to receive...
2nds are now up to 1 Year and growing ship time from purchase...

It's all about priorities :cool:

Out of every twenty new "small" ( like Survive!) businesses, eighteen close before two years and one lasts five years. It's a tough old world out there.

The wait for 1st quality CFVs was well past 6 months but Survive provided plenty of entertainment by making up ridiculous excuses and updated delivery dates that they failed to meet.

Wow, ok didn't realize that, same response, would have moved on at 5 months 29 days as for me no knife is worth that.

My Ugly Betties came within 4 months and were $113 and change each. Deal of the century on a great steel in a great pattern with an excellent sheath. My timing is the exception not the rule as evidenced by this and other threads on Survive, but if you can get on on the secondary market they are solid choices.

Out of every twenty new "small" ( like Survive!) businesses, eighteen close before two years and one lasts five years. It's a tough old world out there.
Clearly they are doing it all wrong! They need to sell product that doesn't exist and then take 5 years to make the product. That way they can last at least 7 years!:thumbsup:

Out
Except NONE of those 18 took 100% payment up front with no delivery date..
But Bernard Madoff was able to go literally Decades before he folded up. Not to directly compare SK to Madoff, but the point being when you operate way outside the norms, non-sustainable business practices can go on for a surprisingly long time before folding.

There is several statements that are made that don't hold muster when it comes to Survive
1. Survive states they don't have a delivery date and while this is true to a degree they also in their old posts give update on when the shipments will be made. Kind of hard to say no date is ever given when they say by the end of the year or within a few weeks that really turn into 2 or more years of stagnation.
2. Fanboys don't think people here have ever contacted Survive and only come here to complain. That is not true either as there are many comments by customers that say we keep getting information that don't mean anything. Many have complain that they were told a date of when it should ship not some date so far into the future that 1st turn into 2nds. Really if you say a few weeks before it should ship and 2 years go by that is misleading. Such bait and switch statements designed to get people to make purchases is against Federal Law too. I mean if the Federal Government says you can't hide behind the no clear delivery date why would you even try to? Other statements such as in stock when it is not or going into production soon and 2 years later your still not in production tends to get people to make orders based on falsehoods.
3. Many plans over the years have come out that said things would speed things up and each time we question how the fanboys say give them another chance and send in more money. This move to Millet is going to speed up the process how as all of their knives parts are made by others. Millet has not in a whole year made one single finished product to ship out. I feel sorry for the ones that sent in more money for the SK Line of knives and Survive has said they would only be made after they catch up on the GSO orders. Just how that will speed things up is a lie too from what I see. It is clear that the Starter Orders never were finished for the 7/7 and that was March 2015. I haven't seen 20 people post a 1st edition knife for viewing purposes and they are suppose to be True Fanboys.
4. Those Fanboys that state no questioning of Survive is needed because we haven't tried other means of Costumer Service is not true and they know it. Strange how some of them never order 1st Editions from Survive but still have them, sell them, and always seem to get product in hand often for free, but no it is only their love for Survive that causes them to read each forum and tell everyone to go away and don't say anything about the problems you are having so as others will get suckered into sending money to them. They seem to have inside knowledge of operations and sleep well at night knowing thousands of people are being done wrong. They holler we know the same practices are the same just don't repeat it anymore. Everyone that orders knows that 3 years is okay with getting your product but I am here to tell you it is worse than 3 years. It has been 3 years ish since the GSO 5.1 orders were open up again and with that model being last to get worked on again guess what 5 years wait would be a generous estimation.
5. In any argument is always best to have a clear headed arbitration so if it were me who wanted to have proof of no wrong doing let have a full scale investigation into Survive. Everyone that has a concern should contact their State AG office, the FTC under section 5 describes how their practices are not up to par. The FTC also states companies that operate this way have a high shutdown rate.
6. What was the purpose of moving the equipment to Millet? Did they not own machines that made the blades in the first place? Some people would say they are going to sell it so it wouldn't get sold from under them in a class action move by disgruntle people since they are LLC.
7. On the positive side they must be doing well as they had 150K to buy a burned down Hotel that they claim they would use for storage and to rebuild the place someday. They could call it the Survive Inn and Suite built off of the hopes of Fanboys and the people that don't want the truth to come out.

7a) If someone accused the man down the street of ripping people off with crooked scales for 6 years would you still do business with them or if someone said that the man down the road is a drug abuser for 6 years and 300 people who don't know each other said the same thing wouldn't you say he was on dope with great certainty.

7b) I really loved your product and I supported you and told others to not speak ill about the time either but you ignored me and lied to me for years. I emailed you and messaged you 20 times to get this resolved and all you did was offer a refund after years of waiting as I didn't matter. I am glad that my time in Criminal Justice has taught me to just let the facts speak for themselves.

7c) How many here would like guidance on how to write up a formal complaint to the Federal or State Agencies on Consumer Affairs?

8. For me this is the end of the road on revealing problems with Survive and I trust that the truth will be know soon.
If I am wrong my ideas of what the issues are may harm them but if I am right then 1000s of people whom I don't know can have some closure. This is all my objective opinion with a company that has proven they don't care as we send orders in with the promise of new improvements and after 3 failures in 3 years I am done with them. I can never trust them again and my hunch with the whole 90 days on 2nds was right, my statement about the no more presales not helping with preorders was right, and the SK Line not helping Survive make knives faster was right too and we saw the post where you said it would speed things up NOW not when they are made because you said no they were to be made after the GSO models so how does that help us who have waited over 3 years? So here is my last prediction they need money again and wham a new idea has come up and I know they will open the shop up for new orders because this time it will be better. I tell you what if the Fanboy can show me where he has bought 2 of each model that is opening up for preorders I will shut up for good and I pick the one that is most vocal here and that service is so good that in 12 months they will be mailed out. I mean they are made under one roof right? Survive states that they have all the 7/7 blades in shop and final inspections were made in Nov 2016 so I would like to see a photo of 1000 blades next to a current newspaper and I will not file paperwork on Monday. This will also prove that you didn't sell the 1st as 2nds and didn't put in as much work on them just to make more money as some here want proof of that. Strange to me that not even 50 people on social media have posted their 1st on the GSO 7/7 when you said you were about done with the Starter orders. Out of 1746 so called fans not even 1% of them have their 7/7 blades to show off.

9: This is all my opinion and any harm real or not is not intentional to any party spoken of and the blogger hold no responsibility for harm real or not. The writer does not hold these statements as fact in these discussion and role playing motives discussed herein of what might be or not is mere conversations with other role players and their reply don't reflect factual statements about the party therein. The writer is stating that anyone who reads this post releases all parties from liability. That any conclusions the reader comes to are their own and don't reflect the conclusions of me or other readers.

I had two 4.1's on order with Survive that were supposed to be delivered in 90 days...well 90 turned into 120,then 150 so I asked for a refund.
It took over 30 days to get refund,followed up with several emails & 1 phone call.
This isn't anywhere near ur 3 yr timeline,but still wasn't right!
Many others have had similar dealings with Survive as well...And I will never buy from them again!

There is several statements that are made that don't hold muster when it comes to Survive
1. Survive states they don't have a delivery date and while this is true to a degree they also in their old posts give update on when the shipments will be made. Kind of hard to say no date is ever given when they say by the end of the year or within a few weeks that really turn into 2 or more years of stagnation.
2. Fanboys don't think people here have ever contacted Survive and only come here to complain. That is not true either as there are many comments by customers that say we keep getting information that don't mean anything. Many have complain that they were told a date of when it should ship not some date so far into the future that 1st turn into 2nds. Really if you say a few weeks before it should ship and 2 years go by that is misleading. Such bait and switch statements designed to get people to make purchases is against Federal Law too. I mean if the Federal Government says you can't hide behind the no clear delivery date why would you even try to? Other statements such as in stock when it is not or going into production soon and 2 years later your still not in production tends to get people to make orders based on falsehoods.
3. Many plans over the years have come out that said things would speed things up and each time we question how the fanboys say give them another chance and send in more money. This move to Millet is going to speed up the process how as all of their knives parts are made by others. Millet has not in a whole year made one single finished product to ship out. I feel sorry for the ones that sent in more money for the SK Line of knives and Survive has said they would only be made after they catch up on the GSO orders. Just how that will speed things up is a lie too from what I see. It is clear that the Starter Orders never were finished for the 7/7 and that was March 2015. I haven't seen 20 people post a 1st edition knife for viewing purposes and they are suppose to be True Fanboys.
4. Those Fanboys that state no questioning of Survive is needed because we haven't tried other means of Costumer Service is not true and they know it. Strange how some of them never order 1st Editions from Survive but still have them, sell them, and always seem to get product in hand often for free, but no it is only their love for Survive that causes them to read each forum and tell everyone to go away and don't say anything about the problems you are having so as others will get suckered into sending money to them. They seem to have inside knowledge of operations and sleep well at night knowing thousands of people are being done wrong. They holler we know the same practices are the same just don't repeat it anymore. Everyone that orders knows that 3 years is okay with getting your product but I am here to tell you it is worse than 3 years. It has been 3 years ish since the GSO 5.1 orders were open up again and with that model being last to get worked on again guess what 5 years wait would be a generous estimation.
5. In any argument is always best to have a clear headed arbitration so if it were me who wanted to have proof of no wrong doing let have a full scale investigation into Survive. Everyone that has a concern should contact their State AG office, the FTC under section 5 describes how their practices are not up to par. The FTC also states companies that operate this way have a high shutdown rate.
6. What was the purpose of moving the equipment to Millet? Did they not own machines that made the blades in the first place? Some people would say they are going to sell it so it wouldn't get sold from under them in a class action move by disgruntle people since they are LLC.
7. On the positive side they must be doing well as they had 150K to buy a burned down Hotel that they claim they would use for storage and to rebuild the place someday. They could call it the Survive Inn and Suite built off of the hopes of Fanboys and the people that don't want the truth to come out.

7a) If someone accused the man down the street of ripping people off with crooked scales for 6 years would you still do business with them or if someone said that the man down the road is a drug abuser for 6 years and 300 people who don't know each other said the same thing wouldn't you say he was on dope with great certainty.

7b) I really loved your product and I supported you and told others to not speak ill about the time either but you ignored me and lied to me for years. I emailed you and messaged you 20 times to get this resolved and all you did was offer a refund after years of waiting as I didn't matter. I am glad that my time in Criminal Justice has taught me to just let the facts speak for themselves.

7c) How many here would like guidance on how to write up a formal complaint to the Federal or State Agencies on Consumer Affairs?

8. For me this is the end of the road on revealing problems with Survive and I trust that the truth will be know soon.
If I am wrong my ideas of what the issues are may harm them but if I am right then 1000s of people whom I don't know can have some closure. This is all my objective opinion with a company that has proven they don't care as we send orders in with the promise of new improvements and after 3 failures in 3 years I am done with them. I can never trust them again and my hunch with the whole 90 days on 2nds was right, my statement about the no more presales not helping with preorders was right, and the SK Line not helping Survive make knives faster was right too and we saw the post where you said it would speed things up NOW not when they are made because you said no they were to be made after the GSO models so how does that help us who have waited over 3 years? So here is my last prediction they need money again and wham a new idea has come up and I know they will open the shop up for new orders because this time it will be better. I tell you what if the Fanboy can show me where he has bought 2 of each model that is opening up for preorders I will shut up for good and I pick the one that is most vocal here and that service is so good that in 12 months they will be mailed out. I mean they are made under one roof right? Survive states that they have all the 7/7 blades in shop and final inspections were made in Nov 2016 so I would like to see a photo of 1000 blades next to a current newspaper and I will not file paperwork on Monday. This will also prove that you didn't sell the 1st as 2nds and didn't put in as much work on them just to make more money as some here want proof of that. Strange to me that not even 50 people on social media have posted their 1st on the GSO 7/7 when you said you were about done with the Starter orders. Out of 1746 so called fans not even 1% of them have their 7/7 blades to show off.

9: This is all my opinion and any harm real or not is not intentional to any party spoken of and the blogger hold no responsibility for harm real or not. The writer does not hold these statements as fact in these discussion and role playing motives discussed herein of what might be or not is mere conversations with other role players and their reply don't reflect factual statements about the party therein. The writer is stating that anyone who reads this post releases all parties from liability. That any conclusions the reader comes to are their own and don't reflect the conclusions of me or other readers.

Your last paragraph is ridiculous and doesn't do what you think it does. Which is a shame because the rest of what you wrote is pretty spot on.

The loyalty of the S!K fanbase is always baffling to me.

Consistently, a few extreme fans do everything possible to derail threads that are negative about S!K. In the S!K forum, they seem to ignore the negative comments. Then, a few of the diehards bump a bunch of positive threads, apparently to hide the negative content.

FWIW, this behavior is not isolated to BladeForums. The Facebook page is highly moderated, and negative threads (even if they are polite and factual) are very often deleted.

Back