318 followed me home <sigh>

With a "born on date" of 9/30/2019, very pleased it decided to hop in the car with me! Now, just need a slip to keep it anchored in one spot in the pocket...

318 n 19 (2).jpg

Ya know, when you look at a few knives, finger them, and decide on the one that "is such a cool looking little $hite", there is definitely something wrong with you. Well, good ot know I am in good company - I KNOW there are plenty here that picked one over another for the same reason! Right? Yep - you know I am!

With a "born on date" of 9/30/2019, very pleased it decided to hop in the car with me! Now, just need a slip to keep it anchored in one spot in the pocket...

View attachment 1207074

Ya know, when you look at a few knives, finger them, and decide on the one that "is such a cool looking little $hite", there is definitely something wrong with you. Well, good ot know I am in good company - I KNOW there are plenty here that picked one over another for the same reason! Right? Yep - you know I am!
The Proper is one knife I have passed over too many times. I do have to remedy that soon.

The Proper is one knife I have passed over too many times. I do have to remedy that soon.

I did exactly that for many many months, since I got the 319 - and I got that one first only because I am a huge fan of the sheepsfoot blade particularly at work where I MUST interact sometimes with "less than enthusiastic" knife tolerant folks, and the 319 is very non-threatening. And an absolute terror on packing tape and opening foil packs and ESD bags! Not to mention the excellent shipping box destructive qualities ;-)

And even at home, trimming up the garden plants, helping figs off the tree etc, it's a great companion. Where I feel the need for more point the most is grilling. And I grill everyday it's not pouring down rain or snow deep enough to flow over low top house slip-ons.

Could one of my others fill that roll? Yep, the Foray is perfect at it, right size, blade shape, nevermind one hand ease of use. But the Foray has got its own niche as the "khaki and button down shirt" unobtrusive, "trim any-and-everything and take out an appliance box if needs be", knife that disappears in an instant.

Totally diggin' the green (more of an olive drab if you ask me, but I am partial to that look) canvas micarta scales and looking forward to enjoyable usage!

Nice,
i recently purchased the 318, absolutely love this little pocket tank of a knife. while I have several benchmades-- mini afck,440 osborne,705,mini stryker,mini grip and blue bug-out, the 318 has been in pocket every day, a bit of old school i suppose. the others rotate in-out
thanks for listening, Troy

Back