#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

[Don’t tell my beer scouts ;)]

x0ZSlCl.jpg

yfTW85e.jpg

SZ297Gk.jpg

I don’t know why everyone here trys to convince the others to like or dislike the same things that they do. Mitt sorry these are not for you, I hope they make something that you will enjoy soon. As for me, I'm getting all the novelties, I think they are fun. Getting a B&S, 2 M&G, and already have a handful of pocket carvers. :D

Zxz9Zsy.jpg

You know just for fun.;)
Amen! The my dad can beat up your dad banter is exhausting.

Now you have me intrigued, please expound on the “Mystery Loaf” if you can do so with out incurring the wrath of your bride. :p

Lol.

Traeger has a list of recipes on the app. This is “not your mamas meatloaf.” It’s a great recipe except except way too much sage and salt. And it needs peppers. Mine has home grown jalapeños.

Pretty much any loaf recipe will be incredible if you smoke it at 225° for 3-4hr and add the glaze (1/2 apple juice, 1/4 ketchup, 1/4 bbq).

The brats were smoked at 225° for a few hours then seared.

KRpfe6f.jpg

And before I forget, a member asked me to take a pic of the thickness of the beer scout and sausage knife. Here you go:
gRJumkC.jpg

Beer Scouts are smart, they will know they have been joined by a poseur:p. All of you who have purchased a B&SK, enjoy them but please don't get your panties in a wad for a little ribbing.

What’s even worse, instead of popping the top of a Coors or Kona with my trusty tortoise shell Beer Scout..... I lifted the tabs of 2 or 4 white claw whilst smoking my meat with Beer and Sausage in tow.... I am ashamed :(

What’s even worse, instead of popping the top of a Coors or Kona with my trusty tortoise shell Beer Scout..... I lifted the tabs of 2 or 4 white claw whilst smoking my meat with Beer and Sausage in tow.... I am ashamed :(
White Claw Tab Lifter that's hilarious :D:D:D:D

Mine should be here Tuesday! :eek: I need to go get some sausage:cool:.

Unless youre a historical reenactor and need it to go along with you single action revolver it is a novelty

Essentially, novelty means something new or something passing. Etches and stampings have been around on blades since the early c19th, not a novelty. Etches are part of a knife's aesthetics, as much as a shield is, you may not like the etchings and many can certainly be tacky, but that is another matter.

M Mitt I am struggling to make any sense of your posts. The BRR is not a drink strainer, it is a beard refuse removal tool. That’s why it is marked BRR. The B&S knife also has a large etch on it. The point of buying a traditional knife is that they are traditional knives, and for that reason they are cool, just as many traditional things are cool, including a classic revolver.

You said ‘I like ruffling feathers’ so I assume you are trolling? The porch isn’t really the place for it

Last edited:
The point of buying a traditional knife is that they are traditional knives, and for that reason they are cool,
LOL, they are not cool. We are not cool. The industry collapsed or moved to China because they are not cool. Spyrco, Benchmade, Zero Tolerance are cool. We are knife knerds that like traditional knives. If they were cool more people would figure out a way to make money producing them. That being said liking what you like and not caring what others think? That can be cool.

Maybe that was true in 2004 Jiki Jiki . But it’s not the case anymore. Just one example, knife making courses at my local forge are booked out 12 months in advance. Authenticity and tradecraft has bounced back and become highly desired.

Maybe that was true in 2004 Jiki Jiki . But it’s not the case anymore. Just one example, knife making courses at my local blacksmith are booked out 12 months in advance.
Well let's hope so, I've always wondered what it would be like to be cool.

Are those courses for slipjoints or fixed blades?

Fixed blades. They get a lot of people from the city to spend a weekend at an old station and make a couple of knives and sheaths. Hugely popular.

but we digress

M Mitt I am struggling to make any sense of your posts. The BRR is not a drink strainer, it is a beard refuse removal tool. That’s why it is marked BRR. The B&S knife also has a large etch on it. The point of buying a traditional knife is that they are traditional knives, and for that reason they are cool, just as many traditional things are cool, including a classic revolver.

You said ‘I like ruffling feathers’ so I assume you are trolling? The porch isn’t really the place for it
Actually the BRRT is a strainer that is why its named the "Bar Tool Knife". They nicknamed it "beard refuse removal tool" in fun just like "Beer & Sausage" was just an homage to Oktoberfest. I love traditional knives but I hate blades being covered in etches. I have seen many more older traditional knives without them than I have with them. I know the BTK has a large B&S etch, I have one. Sadly outside of a SFO this is the least amount of etch we we have seen from GEC in a while. Again for me the beauty of a traditional is in its simplicity and should not be obscured with frills like etching.

The trolls here are those endless posts of hate of the BTK for its uniqueness.

Maybe that was true in 2004 Jiki Jiki . But it’s not the case anymore. Just one example, knife making courses at my local forge are booked out 12 months in advance. Authenticity and tradecraft has bounced back and become highly desired.
I don't know about where you are, but those classes here are only booked out due to the polarity of a TV show. It was only after the show gained in popularity that knife making classes began to fill for months on end.

Back