#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Lol always working on Christmas.
dIuPC1O.jpg
Love these Santas. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

I have to say, they knocked it out of the park with this knife. That textured micarta is so nice. It is like they put extra work into these to make them perfect as to flex on all the people hating on them.

I still haven't figured out what I am going to do with the comb. However, it is so out of the way that if I never use it, it does not effect the knife negatively. I will say, one benefit of the comb is that people get a kick out of it when they see it.

The nice looks of the knife are simply a testament to how well GEC can turn out a multi-bladed knife. That part’s never been in dispute.

Anyway I think the M&G has helped that this wasn’t the knife many of us had been hoping for.

Someone implied they were curious if a strainer had been on a pocket knife before so ill just going to drop this picture here.

ZDsRWs6.jpg

So there is precedent for a strainer on a knife! But I wonder if there are historic examples.

I've wondered about the tip end of the BRRT.... seeing one closed, it appears that it might be there only to enable opening the BRRT. It's rounded so it doesn't catch on anything in the pocket... or your finger.

Now that you mention that, i think it had been noted or at least, i noticed that the tip was to help with deploying the brrt. Perhaps with the way it was made, that werent able to do a nail nick.

i hope they were trying to make the tool more versatile. Design it in a way that it could be used for more than one job since either of those jobs will be limited from person to person.

Either way, people can use it for whatever they want or choose not to use it. I think we can all agree that there could have been something more useful in its place.

Now that you mention that, i think it had been noted or at least, i noticed that the tip was to help with deploying the brrt. Perhaps with the way it was made, that werent able to do a nail nick.

i hope they were trying to make the tool more versatile. Design it in a way that it could be used for more than one job since either of those jobs will be limited from person to person.

Either way, people can use it for whatever they want or choose not to use it. I think we can all agree that there could have been something more useful in its place.

Actually, no, we wouldn't all agree. The BRR fits the nature of this knife perfectly, and has turned out to be quite useful. Plenty of other patterns if you needed something more useful. :) I believe Victorinox is doing some amazing things with their offerings these days with quite the selection of tools.

The comb is a cocktail strainer. GEC calls the knife a bar tool, not a grooming tool. The strainer is the BRRT. BRR = ice, as in "Brrrrrr, it's cold." "Beard Refuse Removal" doesn't even make sense. That's my take and I'm sticking with it!

If someone has a martini shaker and decides to discard the top part of the shaker and strain the drink instead with a 1/2" wide comb on their pocket knife. I’m not gonna order another drink from them. Also I thought BRRT was the sound of the crazy Gatling gun in an A10 Warthog. If you drag the comb along the corner of a table you can recreate the sound and I'm pretty sure that's what the comb is really for, Brrt.

Back