#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Yes... I love some good figured cocobolo, but it's disappointing to see how much it darkens with age. I think there is a way to restore it to its original appearance, but I don't remember the technique. Might have to do with some kind of solvent rinse, or something like that. I had a couple of 93's in cocobolo that were just gorgeous...
My first GEC is a 78 in Cocobolo. It was very dark when I got it so I never worried about it getting darker. Now I like the fact it looks many years old.

My 74 cocobolo looks nearly black now after use. Only in direct light can you kind of make out the color. I kinda like it. I'm sure I could buff it back up to brown. But why?

My 74 cocobolo looks nearly black now after use. Only in direct light can you kind of make out the color. I kinda like it. I'm sure I could buff it back up to brown. But why?
#74 Mustang Arizona iron-wood knives are on the GEC Schedule. Your Cocobolo #74 knife needs a new #74 iron-wood brother !

It took the cap off easy. After messing with it for most of the day, this thing is definitely cool. This is a nice lil package!

Flushed the joints and it's surprisingly snappy. Main is a 5, lifter/fork the same maybe a lil better, comb I would call a 3. I do like how low the secondary tools sit. While the mail blade is open you can't even feel the tools.

Overall I'm pleased with this knife and excited to get my ebony in hand. Homemade pickles and tomatoes from my garden.
5xI3myR.jpg

Last edited:
A little rub on comb. A little on the base of the cap lifter blade.
My beer scouts / cap lifters always have a some rub on the base of the cap lifter. No big deal.

As long as it’s not scratching the belly of the main blade I’m fine with a little friction ;)

Anyone know if the ebony has polished bolsters?
Not a fan of the satin rub. Not a deal breaker but I highly prefer polished.

I wish GEC would slow down. I didn’t realize I’d be paying for all 3 of these in the same month :confused:

It took the cap off easy. After messing with it for most of the day, this thing is definitely cool. This is a nice lil package!

Flushed the joints and it's surprisingly snappy. Main is a 5, lifter/fork the same maybe a lil better, comb I would call a 3. I do like how low the secondary tools sit. While the mail blade is open you can't even feel the tools.

Overall I'm pleased with this knife and excited to get my ebony in hand. Homemade pickles and tomatoes from my garden.
5xI3myR.jpg

save the mustard- that looks delish!!
I just had a left over today for lunch- brat, diced onion and jalapeño, lettuce, ketchup And shredded cheese.

It’s fun seeing all of the pictures. These look like they came out nicer than I expected. I’m guessing the action is a little soft on the comb/strainer because the spring is so thin it doesn’t offer as much tension.

It’s crazy to think about how many BF members must be running around now with perfectly styled beards. :D I’m still hoping my standby comes through on the ebony. Just have to wait and see.

Back