#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

Mine should be here around the weekend, I am absolutely looking forward to it! My Micarta has been in my pocket pretty much every day since I got it. The workaday nature of the natural micarta has really worked to make the knife feel rugged and capable. Like you describe, the ebony on mine is really dark also, which I'm thankful for, because I just do not like ebony with those tan streaks through it that I've seen on some ebony #97s still in stock at a very few dealers. I'll post up some more pics later, as I don't have access to my camera at the moment.
Can't wait to see it. I have either carried or handled my micarta every day since it showed up. I love the texture of the micarta from this run. Hope that carries to there patterns as well.

I used to think the idiosycracies of GEC use of 1095 very exasperating. I can't put good money into knives that rust...and come dull. Then I realized 1095 and the edge were to minimize overhead to maximize profit. Most of GEC idiosyncrasies helps maximize sales.

To me the B&S is their way to see what they can get away with. B&S is code for BS :) It has two nontraditional blades that avoid grinding, i.e. lower cost. The story of the design genesis provided by a dealer is also very good team marketing even down to syntax of the copy. There is a long history of sweet ways to separate traditional cutlery collectors from money and maximize profit. GEC is a master at it and they and their dealers enjoy their work. That's OK by me, but in the old days you got 440C ;)
I'm amazed at the confidence with which you write.

Current discussion aside, I would very much like to see more pics of these, more folks using or admiring them. After all, that is what this thread is all about, yes? Beer and Sausage! I am missing out on one of my favorite "holidays" (Oktoberfest) because of this blasted year.

So more Beer and Sausage please - and yes, I am talking about the knife, the beer, and the sausage. Heck, show your beard off while you are at it if you want!

I agree. More pictures please! Lets see them! Also for those that have different versions, which cover you like better and why would be nice to hear. From what ive read people like the micarta as a user and prefer the ebony as a safe queen.

Current discussion aside, I would very much like to see more pics of these, more folks using or admiring them. After all, that is what this thread is all about, yes? Beer and Sausage! I am missing out on one of my favorite "holidays" (Oktoberfest) because of this blasted year.

So more Beer and Sausage please - and yes, I am talking about the knife, the beer, and the sausage. Heck, show your beard off while you are at it if you want!
WARNING, MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME:eek::D

I'm with you Dylan, in use (no sausage or beer here) unless Sausage Neck applies:oops: Bill's a GENIUS!!! All joking and arguing (difference of opinion aside) I LIKE this knife;)
1VGJ4d.jpg

How hard would it be to mod that fork into a screwdriver/cap lifter?
It would be a little bit difficult I think, you could grind straight sloping down towards the center tine from the nail nick getting rid of it fully then I’d grind up straight from the end of the cap lifter cut out sloping up towards the center tine and then grind off the center tine this would give you the same basic shape as the standard cap lifter. The difficult part (for me at least, though it’s something I’ve been able to do and am practicing as to me it’s the most important thing in making a mod like this look right) is grinding an acceptable nail nick which I would move back from the previous one just before the slope down so it would be accessible.

Back