#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

20201010-181733.jpg
Nice! I knew you might get one of these!

I’ve been carrying this one at work every day since I’ve gotten it. It’s amazing how well this “useless” knife has served me so far. :D It’s been cutting open pallets, opening bags of mineral supplement, cutting up old ropes to make tie strings. It’s even combed the mustache and opened a few beers (not at work). I’m really enjoying it so far.
i4h8HF9.jpg

By the way, I don’t get too excited about a knife being flush in all three positions, but it’s worth noting that all three blades/tools on this one are.

Im liking mine. If work could slow down for a second, i could take some time to enjoy the knife a little more.

Theres been quite a bit of differences in the fit n finish in these so ill post mine the best i can. Blade and fork have solid snappy half stops. Comb doesnt really seem to have a half stop at all. The pull gets lighter around 45 degrees and is tight again by the time its fully opened. It doesnt snap open but it is tight at that position. It does snap close once you get to somewhere around 15-19 degrees. Crooked “brr tool” etch. But im lucky to have no blade rub. Blade does have some side to side play but i dont think its significant enough. Seems like a victim of the design to me and not due to poor qc.

JD1y4TA.jpg

With another slight nudge from here, the comb snaps shut. Pretty happy with the spring strength on mine compared to some of the other reports.

Lol! I’m still waiting for mine to arrive and everyone’s forgot about this thread already! Any micarta pics to help while I wait?

Thanx for the pics guys, it helped me make it to today. Finally arrived! I really like it, great size in hand and pocket. I’m pretty confident in saying this is my best ground GEC, and best edge. Even and sharp. Already tested the beard comb, it’s a good size and even more importantly than my beard, my dog likes it! I know I’ll use the fork at some point and of course the cap-lifter! Nice walk and talk with good snap. Light pulls as I expected. The comb rubs a touch closing and needs a little nudge for the last 2mm or so but I’m guessing that’ll resolve itself with use.

As expected, although much sooner than I expected, the comb closes all the way now every time. A nice thing about the light pull is it is nice and easy to open one handed. But it’s not too light either. Really liking this knife!

Back