.38 Special!!

I've been carrying my John Chapman version some lately to see if I'm in the mood for another. I'm leaning towards getting the Bocote version.

IMG_4818_zpsh2w5l4pl.jpg

When the mail comes today, I will have the maroon micarta farmer. I tend to prefer two blades, but I'm sure that when I start to see pictures of the 38 special I'll cave like I always do.

Here it is:
DzoMRnc.jpg

I do like this frame!

Last edited:
I'm gonna try and snag a couple of these when they come out depending on how the covers look

All has been pretty quiet on the 38 special front. Anyone have anything to report?
Keep waiting to see if the Abalone's will show up available anywhere. They so rarely seem to offer this cover option, I feel like I need to try to snag one. In fact its the main reason I have held off on buying any other option.

Found this photo. I have one of these coming also on pre-order. So I am psyched ! Can you tell?

Alan, you should positively, beyond a shadow of a doubt, get the Bocote too. :D Seriously though, better to sell it if you don't want it than have to pay a premium later.

I don't see a pic in your last post. Care to elaborate?

Alan, you should positively, beyond a shadow of a doubt, get the Bocote too. :D Seriously though, better to sell it if you don't want it than have to pay a premium later.

Well....in that case, since you insist

Rick. I'm having all kinds of trouble with BF on my iPad all of a sudden? Picture was a 38' in paint brush jigged bone.

Charlie Thank you! I think it's one of the rare knives I won't be using, but preserving:cool: Got enough fine users anyway.

I'm a bit disappointed in the choice of Northfield Bone, think Calico Bone or Horse Cut would've done more for it. Might get a Stag if I can find a slim but gnarly one, that would be a user too...:)

Did anyone else snag one of the Beaver Tail models?
I was able to order one today. It's the Antique Amber Jigged Bone version, not the Autumn Leaf and Brown Jigger Bone versions. If I remember correctly, this was an error and I don't see it listed at the GEC "Gallery of Finished 38s" page. I wonder how many of these were produced compared to the FWOA versions.

Back