BLADE OPTIONS:

1/8" thick with a scandi grind

like this:

Nessmuk3V-1027-03.jpg

OR

1/4" thick with a flat grind

like this:

Nessmuk3VNMicarta3.jpg

(***please don't ask me to flat grind an 1/8" thick blade, nor to scandi grind a 1/4" thick blade***)

OFFICIAL LIST/UPDATES PAGE:

www.kosterknives.com/3VNessmuk.htm

YES - I will have leather sheaths for these. Pouch as well as Quickdraw. Black leather and/or tooling available for extra.

Please include the following information when you send in your deposit:

1 - Bladeforums name
2 - Real Name
3 - Address
4 - Blade thickness/grind desired
5 - Handle material
6 - Sheath/Extras
7 - Payment method preferred

I am not making any promises as to when these will be finished...because they are a BEAR to make! :eek:

But I do promise that if you sign up you WILL get one !!!

:thumbup:

Dan

Last edited:
Email sent.
Have you given thought to handle options for this run?

Damn -- I was all set to get a M.U.C.K......but now you have to remind me how much I wanted a FFG 1/4" CPM 3V Nessy!

This one's going to be tough - especially because I always thought your Nessy design was close to "the ultimate camp knife" as is....while your "M.U.C.K." is more of a utility/fighter to my eye. I just can't help but love it's overall look.

Last edited:
I sent an email!

I would like for mine to be slim profile ironwood scales and brass lanyards like the one shown below, with no "striker tip" grind, with a natural leather quick-draw sheath.

Here is one that you showed us from awhile back (it's now mine!!!!.) :D I just don't think it gets any more beautiful than that!

NessmukStag0916-01.jpg

Last edited:
I have not ever updated this list - yikes!!!

Today is the day, then. I have the steel at the waterjet guy's place and will be getting it cut soon.

Dan

Don't forget about this thread! :) Did I mention that the Sambar stag Nessmuk pictured above is now mine! I love that knife!!!! Anything worth having is worth having two! ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys, just picked up one of these beauties on the secondary market with Desert Ironwood scales. Massaged the old strop for about 10 minutes and WOW, she will sure roll the hair off the arm. I am very pleased. Making a trip to the woods with the kids over new years holiday. Will put her through the camp chores. Probably post a little review up front.

Doc

Dan, back in November you said the steel was at the waterjet guy's place. Have you got a time frame in mind for these 1/4" 3V Nessies? Which will be done first, these or the MUCKs?

The plan is to have these done first. :thumbup:

Thanks for the question.

Dan

Back