3V Nessmuk - Official List

Dan,
I have sent a few emails in regards to my deposit for my nessmuk. I would like my deposit refunded ASAP. I do not mind waiting for a knife. However when I am told that something will be ready the next week and it doesn't happen and no updates are given it gets a little frustrating.

Zach

That's the way it is with Dan and the reality is most custom makers who are in demand take a longtime to get a knife from. I have been on this list for over a year because this is actually the 2nd version of the list but in that time I have received 6 other Koster knives. I'm always getting a knife in the mail and one of these days it will be another Nessmuk. One thing is for sure I don't want a rushed product and if it takes awhile to get it so be it. 3v knives aren't exactly plentiful so I'll wait.

The wait will surely be worth it!!

Here's the latest pic:

3vNessmuk110520-01.jpg

And yes, Barbarian-X....I did remember the mosaic pin...AND the satin flats. Hey, whatcha know...I do things right every once in a while...LOL

:thumbup:

Dan

Just FYI for anyone watching/waiting....these things are BEEFY.

I'm going to go get a spine shot of one of them so you'll have a better understanding. ;)

Dan

And here are the pics:

3vNessmuk110520-02.jpg

3vNessmuk110520-03.jpg

Like I said.....these are THICK - practically indestructable.

:thumbup:

Dan

Holy crap they look awesome! Thick ass 3V...doesn't come much tougher than that. The double red liners really stand out against the stag scales. I'm looking forward to this one, thanks Dan!

Hey Dan, do you leave the spine rough on these for striking a fire steel?
Thanks

I leave them squared between the handle and the "hump" of the blade. I do a little bit of rounding over right where the handle stops at the ricasso (top and bottom) and then on the hump - for comfort reasons. Other than that, the rest of the spine is left square for striking a firesteel. That said, "square" does not mean it has a burr. You cannot cut yourself on a properly squared spine. It takes a fine touch to get this right. ;)

Dan

Perfect for the real user, I should have known better than to ask......

I'm out of 1095 for now - might do more later this year.

I did more work on these again today - soooooo close to being done!

Dan

I finished them all this morning and the ones with sheaths have already been picked up by my leather guy.

I managed to ship one out and am waiting to hear back from elfruhike on shipping.

Glad to see these heading out!! :thumbup:

Dan

Oops!

When I called my leather guy he was literally 4 minutes away from my house (usually takes 30-60 min to get here, plus needs a couple days notice). He came by and got the knives and is now gone. And I forgot to get pics.

These turned out so nice, though...that I'll definitely be making some nice high-res pics before they leave - guaranteed. Especially the stag one...;)

He said he'd have the sheaths done by the end of next week. If they get done any sooner I'll let you know.

Dan

Last edited:
Dan -- Going with the M.U.C.K. instead.
Thanks

Last edited:
Dan, mine came an hour ago. It's awesome!!! this is one thick chunk of 3v. It shaves out of the box and is one of the sharpest of your knives I've ever received.

Back