4.1 Refund Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a 4.1 back in July of 2015 and requested a refund today. I'm expecting a quick turn around. Will let you know how it goes for others pursuing the same.

As a proud owner of a 4.1 in D3V I can't quite understand why somebody would wait for two years but not the last couple of months.

Once u reach a certain point you just dont care anymore. Im sure the new 4.1 one will be an awesome blade but it seems like a lot of people are just getting fed up with the wait. 2 years is a long time to wait. I hope this whole preorder thing doesnt end up hurting sk! Ive talked to a few people who feel cheated and wont ever do business with them again

If I had to guess, I would assume that it is the only reliable way to receive a refund in what most folks would consider a timely manner. I'd hardly call it shaming.

With due respect, I disagree. There isn't an instance of someone not getting a refund. The reliable way to get one is to ask for one. Simple. Posting about it isn't the only reliable way. Time it takes to get the refund notwithstanding, I don't know of an instance where someone is claiming they have not (eventually) gotten their money back.

My point is this, a guy is a forum member for years, and makes a dozen posts. Then shows up here to proclaim to the world that he's asked for a refund. It's like copying someone's boss in an email when they don't meet your immediate expectations "today" (quotes intended, from the OPs stated time frame). It's not a helpful contribution to this community as the OP suggests he's trying to make. I'm just calling shenanigans. I'm calling it "refund shaming".

With due respect, I disagree. There isn't an instance of someone not getting a refund. The reliable way to get one is to ask for one. Simple. Posting about it isn't the only reliable way. Time it takes to get the refund notwithstanding, I don't know of an instance where someone is claiming they have not (eventually) gotten their money back.

My point is this, a guy is a forum member for years, and makes a dozen posts. Then shows up here to proclaim to the world that he's asked for a refund. It's like copying someone's boss in an email when they don't meet your immediate expectations "today" (quotes intended, from the OPs stated time frame). It's not a helpful contribution to this community as the OP suggests he's trying to make. I'm just calling shenanigans. I'm calling it "refund shaming".

What is "not a helpful contribution to this community" is S!K business practices. S!K lies about lead times. S!K does not always provide refunds in a timely manner. There are NUMEROUS instances where folks have requested refunds, been promised them and not received them, and finally had to resort to posting here to get their money back.

I am glad you like S!K, but defending their terrible business practices only makes this community look bad.

Hey, S!K, give this guy his money back.

^^^ I'm not defending S!K, and I am empathetic to the refund issue. I personally requested one on a 2.7 last year, and it took a number of weeks. Several weeks longer than I thought it should have.

But posting about it here, the same day is just peremptorily childish.

It's just business. I paid for a good that I haven't received and requested a refund. I'm hoping that SK will do the right thing. I wanted to share the experience so others can form their own opinions. I thought that's what's these venues are for.

^^^ I'm not defending S!K, and I am empathetic to the refund issue. I personally requested one on a 2.7 last year, and it took a number of weeks. Several weeks longer than I thought it should have.

But posting about it here, the same day is just peremptorily childish.
Why? It seems to be something of a pattern that refund requests have been put off until a thread has been started, at which point they seem to be promptly issued. Why wait a month when there's a method that has gotten a quicker response?

If I didn't know better I'd think some people only drop by this forum when they see some negative bandwagon to jump on. Best of luck with your refund, I'm sure they'll take care of you. Like they have everyone else who's requested one.

NOTICE:

Another D3V GSO-4.1 will be available for regular sale very soon :D

I already have 2 coming (one Starter from a couple years ago and one 2nd) but that doesn't mean I won't be paying attention when these things hit the site! Come on, S!K!

To the OP, I have no concern whatsoever about you getting your refund, just as I have no concern whatsoever about receiving every single one of my ordered knives, including the GSO-12. I hope you find something else that better (or at least more quickly) suits your desire/needs, and I strongly encourage you to check out the maker's 'For Sale' subforum here on BF - LOTs of really great knives evincing wonderful talent and often unexpectedly affordable :thumbsup:: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

I remain very excited about my 4.1s and look forward to submissions from new owners as they ship out in droves this month :cool:

Sorry for hitting a sensitivity here. I'm hopeful SK will take this opportunity to do the right thing.

Last edited:
...But posting about it here, the same day is just peremptorily childish.

No. What is "childish" and totally unprofessional is not providing refunds in a timely manner. There are numerous instances where customers have been forced to post here and publicly shame S!K before getting their refund.

It takes less than a minute to issue a refund. There is no excuse for the OP not having his money yet.

Hey, S!K, give this guy his money back.

Yep, a paypal refund takes seconds.

They have no issues with hanging on to your money for 2 years and then want even more time to refund your money.

The tireless defenders are unreal.

I say, spread the word and potentially save another person the hassles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back