4.1 thread

So how does this PreSale thing work and how they fit into the deliverable schedule?

T.

The preorders from many moons ago will be first priority. Presale orders will come next. After those have all shipped the knives will be available for regular ordering each Monday. Factory 2nds pop up on Mondays, as we come across them while working on the firsts.

I know it's a bit unconventional, but we know a lot of folks can't or won't make it to the Monday sales. The preordering and presales are a way to try and help those people out.

Was on the fence about picking up a knife beforw my 6.0 preorder came in, but the 4.1 is just small enough to be different from the 6 that I can warrant the purchase. Plus, I get to customize for free? Count me in!

Tried the Red Linen. Curious as to how it looks oiled up and how it feels in hand. Was leaning towards black, but I had to do something a little different. And people seem to love the linen in hand. Anyone care to confirm/deny its awesomeness?

I've been very pleased with my read linen BUT I don't use it to skin beasts and I haven't used it in a monsoon or even a sprinkle so............ having used it dry I've been totally satisfied. The color from oiled to dry can vary quote a bit.

The preorders from many moons ago will be first priority. Presale orders will come next. After those have all shipped the knives will be available for regular ordering each Monday. Factory 2nds pop up on Mondays, as we come across them while working on the firsts.

I know it's a bit unconventional, but we know a lot of folks can't or won't make it to the Monday sales. The preordering and presales are a way to try and help those people out.

Thanks for clarifying Ellie, The use of the phrase all that the presales will be delivered in a couple of months from your email had me concerned they'd be cutting the line... no pun intended ;)
I'll go back to quietly watching and waiting for my many moons ago preorder to show up.

T.

Last edited:
Which one is mine !!!!!
pqBcezE.png

I'm all about owning one of those! Now I really wish I would've waited and picked up a factory 2nd or Ugly Betty 4.7 because I plan on beating the piss out of mine when it gets here.
At least non of us will feel bad about abusing one of those 4.1's!

I'm excited to pick one up. Factory second, of course. Does anybody know if survive plans on selling any Factory firsts? I thought I read Ellie say that factory say that factory first will be sold after all pre-orders were filled for all knives.

I'm excited to pick one up. Factory second, of course. Does anybody know if survive plans on selling any Factory firsts? I thought I read Ellie say that factory say that factory first will be sold after all pre-orders were filled for all knives.

I think that is basically the plan for all models.

Work on preorders
Ship preorders
Sell factory seconds on Mondays as they become available
After preorders are filled, sell remaining firsts on Mondays
Move on to next model

Ide like to see Guy buy a big stonewasher. Throw all the factory seconds in there let it run. Take em out, rinse em, sharpen them, laser em up as seconds and then only offer them with black or green canvas. It would have to be quicker than the blasted/peened finish and then they would be easily recognized as seconds. Shoot Ide even buy them as is, but sharpened and with black or green canvas and laser them "BEATER".

Ide like to see Guy buy a big stonewasher. Throw all the factory seconds in there let it run. Take em out, rinse em, sharpen them, laser em up as seconds and then only offer them with black or green canvas. It would have to be quicker than the blasted/peened finish and then they would be easily recognized as seconds. Shoot Ide even buy them as is, but sharpened and with black or green canvas and laser them "BEATER".

LOL,
When they talk about their "scrap" pile, I want to fly/drive there and sit outside waiting. Their finished knives are excellent, often flawless, which is WAY better than what a lot of companies peddle. But some of us are used to "beaters" and one can only imagine how superior a Survive! "Beater" would be. :cool: I've got a dremel and a grinder and am not afraid to use'm! As long as it's straight and well HT'd, then box it up with a set of scales and a sheath, or heck just the scales and hardware, and ship that sucker out! We'll put the scales on here at home :)

That said, Survive! prides itself on NOT sending out unfinished work. i look forward to seeing what comes of the SK-line.

Heck ya. I'll buy the second one. Guy can laser it "BITER." It'll be like a LOR reunion :thumbup:

LOL,
When they talk about their "scrap" pile, I want to fly/drive there and sit outside waiting. Their finished knives are excellent, often flawless, which is WAY better than what a lot of companies peddle. But some of us are used to "beaters" and one can only imagine how superior a Survive! "Beater" would be. :cool: I've got a dremel and a grinder and am not afraid to use'm! As long as it's straight and well HT'd, then box it up with a set of scales and a sheath, or heck just the scales and hardware, and ship that sucker out! We'll put the scales on here at home :)

That said, Survive! prides itself on NOT sending out unfinished work. i look forward to seeing what comes of the SK-line.

I'm picturing a giant yellow pine round set up out the back door and every once in awhile a blank with the tiniest microscopic scratch comes flying out and sticks with a satisfying 'thwack!' while Guy yells 'No scales for you!!' in the background.

I'm intrigued!

But, I'm such a sissy that if it's limited edition I'd have such a hard time punishing it with hard use.................

I would be all over this as well, green canvas is the best anyway...everyone knows [emoji1303]

Pre-ordered a 4.1 last September when I booked a backpacking trek.. Well I leave in a couple weeks and I'm bummed I won't be taking it with me.

I know it's a process and I know I'll eventually get it but it's coming up on a year, thought for sure I'd have it in my hot little hands by now. Going to try and fill the void with my fiddleback

Back