4.1 thread

I know it's a process and I know I'll eventually get it but it's coming up on a year, thought for sure I'd have it in my hot little hands by now. Going to try and fill the void with my fiddleback

We all hear ya! So close, but still not quite there :) Is your fiddleback a custom or mid-tech model?

Have any 4.1s dropped for factory seconds? I lost track...

That may be my only hope (that, and the keyboard ninjas somehow fall asleep)

The only 2nds listed on the survive page are the 4.7 and the 2.7.
Once they sell something it tends to stay listed until they are completely out of stock.
So, by this logic, and because I haven't heard anything about a 4.1 second, and because the 4.1 status is still waiting for materials to be finished, I'd say they haven't sold any 2nds yet.

So, to bring this back to Page 1...

The new spec, Delta 3V 4.1 I scooped up on the facebook page is waiting for me at home as I type this. I am more than a little excited! Review and pictures forthcoming this weekend. Stay tuned everyone...

So, to bring this back to Page 1...

The new spec, Delta 3V 4.1 I scooped up on the facebook page is waiting for me at home as I type this. I am more than a little excited! Review and pictures forthcoming this weekend. Stay tuned everyone...

I want to be you. Like in the movies where two people switch bodies and live eachother's life until they realize how to reverse the spell. That's what I want to do. Seriously.

Enjoy it man, you have something rare! Don't keep us waiting too long with that review :D

I want to be you. Like in the movies where two people switch bodies and live eachother's life until they realize how to reverse the spell. That's what I want to do. Seriously.

Enjoy it man, you have something rare! Don't keep us waiting too long with that review :D

HA! I can hardly believe I scored this knife. I want to be me, too.

Planning a full comparison to the 4.7, side-by-side. Any requests for anything in particular?

From the drawings the 4.1 has a flatter spine on the handle than the 4.7.
I am curious as to how much difference this makes in the grip comfort.

THIS 4.1 IS SOLD - JUST WANTED TO MAKE THAT CLEAR IN CASE ANYONE ELSE SEES THIS - THNAKS!

I don't know if this the right place for this, but I've got a 4.1 that I ordered in the Starter program last year....it's been so long that I've evolved out of wanting the knife. I still love SK!, it's just that I've moved into custom/handmade fixed. I'll paste the description from my confirmation email from October-2015: "GSO-4.1 (Preorder)
(Steel: CPM-20CV, Handles: Red Linen, Fasteners (see product description for updated information): Tumbled, Sheath: Spring Flat Dark Earth Kydex, Bow Drill Divot: No, Thank you, Ferro Notch: No, Thank you)
(This product is available for pre-order only)"

If anyone's interested in taking this order over, I'll pass it on to you now (PayPal only) for what I paid + $7 shipping & ship it to you when it gets to me (I just got the 1st Friday Production Update email & it says: "• The last of the GSO-4.1 materials are almost done being made." What does this mean...I do not know?!).

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested, & again, I apologize if there's a better place for this, I looked for an SK! Fleamarket & didn't find one.
Scott Sherman

Last edited:
This is just a place holder, more to come.

I got home and unboxed the knife. First impression is that this knife is a work of art as much as function. Perfect fit and finish. It has the micro-textured G10 handles. At first glance they don't seem all that different from the standard micarta in terms of grip. It is just an exceptionally well made knife.

I put the balance point at the back of the finger pocket, in the space between the index and middle finger.

A full set of pictures, probably by Sunday.

I got home and unboxed the knife. First impression is that this knife is a work of art as much as function. Perfect fit and finish. It has the micro-textured G10 handles. At first glance they don't seem all that different from the standard micarta in terms of grip. It is just an exceptionally well made knife.

I put the balance point at the back of the finger pocket, in the space between the index and middle finger.

Sunday?! Tease.

Nice! I love the balance point comment. That's important to me. I said I wanted 4.7 comparisons, but seeing it in different grips in your hand would be great. What size(ish) hands do you have?

THANK YOU!!!!!

Can't wait to see that sumbich in your hand and get the detailed comparison between 4.7 and 4.1 ergonomicals.

Damn that looks great TR!
It looks like the point is similar to the original 4.1.

Back