4 Max Scout

Do you have any Specs on this Scout, steel, coating, any numbers, ect. Thanks,

I am understanding that you are asking about the DLT exclusive, it is the same as the regular production scout. Same steel, same size, different color Griv Ex handle, and black coating on the blade (whatever Cold Steel is using for black coating)

Last edited:
I “almost” wish I’d seen this about the AD10 prior to purchase. I’m right between XL and XXL paws. After getting one it’s snug, but I’m trying to keep it, because I really like the design.

Thank you, gentlemen. I have XL hands. When I grip the AD-10 my fingers are a little smashed together to fit the handle. I could use about an 3/16"-1/4" more handle length for a comfortable grip. I love the AD-10's handle otherwise. I thought about dremelling the back end of the handle out a little to give my pinky more room but don't know if the blade edge sitting that close to the handle would be dangerous.

@desmobob Are you saying the grip area on the 4Max Scout is actually shorter in length than the AD-10? Actual handle gripping area is always a concern with me. So many knives' handles look big enough but when I handle them the actual gripping area is not enough. It's usually to do with any finger grooves, but mostly the pinky-end of the handle either swooped down abruptly or having a weird shape. I loved the Strider handle shape but there's few things about them, one being price, I don't like or I'd have a few of them.

DLC would have been great, but the Scout at that price point of around 100+ - $10 is near impossible to compete with by any manufacturer of a folder.

I got this dlt one on order. I used my reward points, so I got it a lot cheaper. dont forget about the reward points program, if you have an account and have spent money there in the past.

cold-steel-4-max-scout-od-green-black-blade-900.jpg

Now if I only had a chance to land one of your exclusive AD20s:oops:. Speaking of, are there plans for a drop point version? Only ever seem to see the clip points.

Now if I only had a chance to land one of your exclusive AD20s:oops:. Speaking of, are there plans for a drop point version? Only ever seem to see the clip points.

We basically just take whatever he will send us, we have a ton on order but honestly sales wise anything AD-20 is gone within minutes.

Do you know how many of these were made for DLT? Thanks,

We don't release specific quantities but its a decent sized batch.

We basically just take whatever he will send us, we have a ton on order but honestly sales wise anything AD-20 is gone within minutes.

We don't release specific quantities but its a decent sized batch.

Thanks. I think I signed up for alerts, but even then I probably wouldn't be fast enough.

Web page now specifies “Black DLC” blade finish.

DLC would have been great, but the Scout at that price point of around 100+ - $10 is near impossible to compete with by any manufacturer of a folder.

Just ordered mine! It says AUS10A but only specifies “black coating”
I’ll report back...

Hey, either way I’m good with a black blade and green slabs! Now to decide if I can swing one with “GRAVELFACE” and another “1st CAV” in Army Font..... oh why did I ever have to find this folder!!!!

Glad to see these were offered in amounts to meet the initial demand, which is not always the case these days. I was excited when I heard about it, but knowing I was going to be busy at the time of the drop I was worried I might miss it. When I got home I was surprised to see it still available, but for some reason I had second thoughts, and figured I'd let them go to the real CS fans looking to get their hands one one. Then, a couple of hours later, the thought rushed into my head "YOU NEED THIS KNIFE! and how can you go wrong for the price?", and I ran to the computer to scoop one up :D. I was so happy they were still there, and it's cool that they still are. After all these years this will be my first CS, and I'm looking forward to having some fun with it.

I picked up something else I had lingering in my cart at the same time, so thanks to DLT's stellar service :thumbsup::thumbsup: this will be a great Friday :)

Last edited:
Back