4 Max Scout

I love the look of the green handled 4max but I'm always a bit surprised by descriptions of the knife as " big "or " huge." I believe it's called the 4max because the blade is only 4 " long. Cold Steel has many folders with 5.5"and 6" blades that merit the "huge "description much more.
Sounds good a Green 6 Max would suffice I'd say for most of us around here. :thumbsup:

WmKEI3Ih.jpg

thought id ask this question here. do you 4 max owners find the thumb studs to far away to flick the blade open without using some wrist action?

well I only wear large, so Im still wondering, didn't know there was a sanctioning body for thumb wars, learn something everyday

Just missed one of these Italians for a good price on the ex. Daaauumm! I do like those handle slab colors, Congrats.

You pocket-robbin' bunch of enablers (#@$%&!@%^_@&&(_*!@&$$%#

Going through this thread (again) and looking at the pictures of the DLT Green/Black 4-Max Scout I just went and purchased one. I already have a 4-Max Scout and a back-up (or two) but darn you pocket-robbin' bunch of enablers (#@$%&!@%^_@&&(_*!@&$$%#

Last edited:
I handed the DLT od green / black 4max to a co-worker who asked me for a blade the other day. He froze for a second, stared at it and said “Ok, Rambo knife!” And cracked a huge smilie. It’s a joy to hold.

... deleted because the question posed was already answered in a post up above that I must have missed.

Last edited:
People who say this testing is not valuable, or pointless have never had a locking knife fold on them and cause injury!!
Old article but I have had a knife fold on me due to lock failure. So though it’s a bit of a here’s how big my $&@! is announcement, it’s nice to know it shouldn’t fail

Old article but I have had a knife fold on me due to lock failure. So though it’s a bit of a here’s how big my $&@! is announcement, it’s nice to know it shouldn’t fail
I've been cut a few times due to lock failure.

Older brother severed a tendon in his thumb from lock failure. Had surgery to reattach.

Back