4 Max Scout

People who say this testing is not valuable, or pointless have never had a locking knife fold on them and cause injury!!
They are the same people who says car crash testing is pointless etc.
“...I never cut with the spine of my knife... right tool for the job...”
Well i never drive my car into someone’s bumper or a pole too. I guess seat belts and air bags are as pointless as strong lock..

@Bigfattyt I’m a one-hand opening, two-hand closing kind of guy. Not manly enough to close my Tri-Ad knives one-handed hehehe.

Glad to know you enjoy the Tri-Ad lock. One of my favorites too. The lock on my AK-47 came stiff as hell though.

Got mine. Very nice. One thing to note for those who like to swap the double layer bronze/teflon washers for single bronze. The bronze washer is not the usual .005" thick. It's .01." Plus the teflon .005." So you would need a single .015" washer. Also you could use a wider diameter if desired. They are 0.55" diameter but a 0.625" will fit.
Also the pocket clip is quite tight so you may want to adjust.

My 4MAX Scout arrived and it is awesome.
The lock action is super smooth and the blade grind is even and sharp.

I have a few XL CS knives but never had a 4MAX or AD-10 but even though this is a big knife it is very comfortable and I can see me carrying this with no problem.

The grivory scales have excellent texture to them.
Really the only thing I may fault with it is the pocket clip and it is not a big deal.
It is a tad tight but that can be fixed easily.

Cold Steel has a winner with this one.

I'm telling you, this AUS10 is not to be overlooked despite not being everyones idea of what we should be doing. It's insane how well it performs with good heat treat.

Seems that C.S. has a pretty good mix of materials and price ranges now. And the Scout hits all the right notes of materials and price, for myself anyway. Particularly when some of us already have other/multiple alternate pocket draining interests.:thumbsup:

I truly do not need another folder; if anything, I need to thin the herd.
I also have more Cold Steel knives than I could ever possible use, including the great AD-10 and it's big brother the 4-Max.
All that being said, I went and hit the "Purchase" button today on this bad boy. How could it not be a winner?

My Scout has been flawless for the last four months. Very happy with my purchase; so much so, that I might grab a second-one.

BLyBezYh.jpg

Nice. The Scout is definitely a monster. Jimislash did his version of a torture test, whacked at a 2x4 probably 100 times and it still sliced paper like a razor afterwards. I'm telling you, this AUS10 is not to be overlooked despite not being everyones idea of what we should be doing. It's insane how well it performs with good heat treat.

Seems like everyone is agreeing with this model, nothing but good things being said and it's holding up to all of the tests, which is no surprise. It'll probably hold over 700lbs would be my guess, unofficially.

I m glad to hear how well the AUS10 performs. I m always impressed by CS s heat treatments.

I keep wondering, since I own the large Voyager, which I use for moderately heavy cutting tasks outside , whether I want the 4Max Scout. Same handle and blade materials for both. I know the Voyager isn t built as strong as the 4Max Scout, but it sure seems to be a mighty strong knife. I m a Voyager fan.

I m still thinking about the 4Max Scout though.

Back