4 Max Scout

Thanks for replying, what I'm trying to explain reference the slack, is that it feels like the hole for the pin that is the pivot for the lockbar is larger by than the pin. This, to me, feels like when you push down on the bar to unlock the blade, there is maybe a 1mm range of movement before the lock begins to lift at the front. Don't get me wrong, once locked there is zero play and the lock is rock solid. Just feels a bit spongy on the initial part when you unlock it.

The hole for the lock bar pivot is a bit larger...kind of like a slot...to allow for wear and self adjustment.

Tri-ad.jpg

DBNh7Q4h.jpg

The “slack” is by design, so that the lockbar can pivot not just along the pin but also slightly forward and back to allow for self adjustment, and most importantly to be able to lock up at all, because unlike the normal backlock, triad lockbar and the tang engage in a negative angle like a hook. IMO the way the lockbar and the tang “hook” is actually where the strength and the shock resistance of the triad lock comes from, more so than the stop pin.
So contrary to popular beliefs(mostly from youtubers), triad lock isn’t just a lock back with additional stop pin.

I just got one of these. If you like big folders, get the 4Max Scout. It's 110.00. Just buy it. It's very impressive. It's as smooth as my AD10.

I just got one of these. If you like big folders, get the 4Max Scout. It's 110.00. Just buy it. It's very impressive. It's as smooth as my AD10.
Especially when you get one for $80 ;)

Especially when you get one for $80 ;)

Which is why I jumped on mine as soon as I learned I could get one for that price. Best $80 I've spent on a knife I think. So much knife for the price! Wish I had it on me now but it would be a bit obscene at my job!! I carry it regularly outside of work though!

Cool, it's good get some answers on this.

Yes, i think what your referring to is how the triad feels on these bigger blades. I have all three 4max usa 4max italian and 4max scout. All feel similar'ish...

Is the blade lock up rock solid? if its not and the knife is new give it a little while and open and close it a couple of hundered times! ;) if after that it isnt send it back as it should be as solid as a.... any knife i have owned!!! most solid i have ever had apart from a strider AR and GB liner and the frame lock version (i know the triad is much stronger but i am talking about sound and feel)

Is the blade lock up rock solid? if its not and the knife is new give it a little while and open and close it a couple of hundered times! ;) if after that it isnt send it back as it should be as solid as a.... any knife i have owned!!! most solid i have ever had apart from a strider AR and GB liner and the frame lock version (i know the triad is much stronger but i am talking about sound and feel)
Yes, the lock up is rock solid, very happy with it. It is am awesome knife, makes my Recon 1 feel small now!

Which is why I jumped on mine as soon as I learned I could get one for that price. Best $80 I've spent on a knife I think. So much knife for the price! Wish I had it on me now but it would be a bit obscene at my job!! I carry it regularly outside of work though!
I actually ended up giving mine to a friend as a b-day gift. You can imagine how happy he was.

Back