4-Max?! USA Made, CPM-20CV, Cold Steel?! This can't be happening!

Have been looking at these with some interest. Can anyone from CS comment if the pocket clip is reversible? Based on some of the screw positions towards the tail end of the knife, I could see it might be, but would like to know for sure before buying

Please please please make an affordable version! I (and thousands of other CS fans) LOVE your products, but cannot buy many of them. To the common knife guy, even $100 would be waaay out of the budget. I own a clip point Recon 1, and it is my go-to EDC. But man, I had to think long and hard before I pulled the trigger on a +/-$60 knife.

If you guys could please make the 4-Max in a low end version as well as keep the high end version, your customers would be so so so grateful.

Maybe make it with:
1. BD-1 or AUS8
2. G10, no liners or Grivory, aluminum liners

I hope it isn't too much to ask, and I really wish you would consider it.

Thanks ahead of time, Cold Steel, you really do listen. I am all in; this is the knife I've been waiting for you guys to produce.

I d like a 3.5 inch

Said no woman ever.

As for the blade, I (you, and everyone else's mother) seen the AD-10 hold over 800lbs, and that was the custom. Not to say the fact that its a production blade will dial back on strength, but I will guesstimate this will hold 650+. Not a popular application but something about seeing that Triad Lock in action, steamrolling fancy higher end knives (my favorite is when they don't make it past the spine whacks). Now Cold Steel is playing their game. That being said *pulls out wallet* Take it! Take it all! 4-MAX and the AK47 Field Knife are the offerings I am most on edge for. BTW the Recon I spear point in the DLC'd XHP is flippin gorgeous... for a tactical folder. :D

Please please please make an affordable version! I (and thousands of other CS fans) LOVE your products, but cannot buy many of them. To the common knife guy, even $100 would be waaay out of the budget. I own a clip point Recon 1, and it is my go-to EDC. But man, I had to think long and hard before I pulled the trigger on a +/-$60 knife.

If you guys could please make the 4-Max in a low end version as well as keep the high end version, your customers would be so so so grateful.

Maybe make it with:
1. BD-1 or AUS8

It already exists. It's called the American Lawman. Excellent knie, btw.

Maybe make it with:
1. BD-1 or AUS8

It does already exist. Look at the Ultimate Hunter. It s a budget Demko mid tech.

It already exists. It's called the American Lawman. Excellent knie, btw.
Not exactly. Looks-wise they're similar but the 4max is much larger than the American lawman. It's seems like a lot of people are under the wrong impression that the 4max is a midtech lawman or Demko AD10, buy in reality it's a midtech of a larger custom knife sold under the same name by Andrew Demko. Just check out his instagram for pics of his custom 4-max's.

Great video. I must've watched it twenty times by now.

Hopefully he sees this, but i have a reqiest to our resident cold steel rep. Do you think you could post a few more pictures of the 4max for us? Maybe a size comparison versus other cold steel knives? I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate seeing that. I'm really wondering what the handle would feel like myself since i have medium sized hands. Thanks in advance!

i have a reqiest to our resident cold steel rep. Do you think you could post a few more pictures of the 4max for us? Maybe a size comparison versus other cold steel knives? I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate seeing that. I'm really wondering what the handle would feel like myself since i have medium sized hands. Thanks in advance!

We are about to shut down for a week as we prepare for our annual inventory. I won't have access to the prototype until next week.
I'll try and post some more pics for you then
Thanks!

We are about to shut down for a week as we prepare for our annual inventory. I won't have access to the prototype until next week.
Thanks!

Is it just me or does this make it sound like the actual production models are still a ways off?

Most companies do inventory once a year. It's also advertised on their site that they won't be taking any orders for the week.

Sorry, I wasn't so much referring to the 'taking inventory' as the 'access to the prototype' bit. The most recent ETA update I've heard on this knife was back in April, with a 6 week-ish estimate (ie. estimated release in June). If they're still having to access the prototype for pics, rather than one of the stock models, would it be fair to say that there weren't any stock models yet available?

Sorry, I wasn't so much referring to the 'taking inventory' as the 'access to the prototype' bit. The most recent ETA update I've heard on this knife was back in April, with a 6 week-ish estimate (ie. estimated release in June). If they're still having to access the prototype for pics, rather than one of the stock models, would it be fair to say that there weren't any stock models yet available?

No one can really say except for them. Maybe they have a bunch in boxes already, maybe they're all in pieces still, or maybe they don't even have all the parts yet. The Magnum Warcraft was announced last year and it's still not out.

I imagine they really want to get everything right for the 4-Max. Instead of 6-8 weeks, Cold Steel should give a more accurate ETA of 'when it's ready'. :p

I don't have a release date for that knife yet. There are estimates, but nothing set in stone.
The 4-MAX represents a big change up for us as it's made entirely in the USA (many of our knives use USA materials but are assembled overseas). It's also a return to our custom classic series. It's a big step in a very exciting direction, but we won't release it until it's 100% perfect.
The only knife I have access to is the production prototype. As I said I can take some pics of that next week...

Be patient guys, this one is worth the wait. I handled the production prototype at Blade and it is built like a tank, but still feels very good in the hand. I've got medium sized hands, but guys with large hands are really going to love it. Andrew told me hopefully 6-8 weeks (all the parts were being made in his area of the country), but that is being optimistic. I can tell you from experience that Cold Steel does not release a model until it is right. I had 12 XL Espadas on backorder for over a year and a half past original expected delivery date, because the subcontractor could not get the Triad lock to work as it should on that big of a knife. CS finally sent Andrew over to personally work it out for them. Even if it takes another 6-8 weeks from now, the 4-Max is definitely worth waiting for.

I'd definitely love to see some comparison shots between the 4-Max and the Ultimate Hunter... it really is hard trying to grasp the size of it just from pictures. It looks gigantic, but I keep reminding myself it's just a 4" blade lol.

Thanks!

They are still messing around with prototypes?! Guess the 6-8 week estimate from April is officially out the window. Too bad. I was looking forward to this one.

Back