$400 can opener

Round 2

GbXWLSj.jpg

7YUDQBT.jpg

psLqQFO.jpg

sz1CpX4.jpg

Impressive. I don't know if I could bring myself to use a CRK that way unless necessity forced me to. I happen to have a very good $5 can opener. No scratches on the blade or damage to the edge? Hard to comprehend. That said I do use my lg Inkosi to baton through fat wood and kindling when I light my Big Green Egg BBQ. That's probably probably harder on the knife than opening a can.

Impressive. I don't know if I could bring myself to use a CRK that way unless necessity forced me to. I happen to have a very good $5 can opener. No scratches on the blade or damage to the edge? Hard to comprehend. That said I do use my lg Inkosi to baton through fat wood and kindling when I light my Big Green Egg BBQ. That's probably probably harder on the knife than opening a can.
Yeah. No peer pressure here to use your CRK as a can opener. Be aware you could, and it doesn’t harm it. No blade scratches. Tin cans are very soft steel and don’t have the ability to scratch the hardened higher HRC blade, if my understanding is correct. I certainly see no new scratches or edge damage as a result.

Just having some fun proving that Mr Reeve designed these knives to work, and they do just that. They are beautiful, and worth coveting, but if you were oblivious to their cost, they still make excellent general-purpose hard-use pocket knives.

I wouldn’t do a job like this with a non-locking knife or something with a lock I didn’t trust.

Nice!!! how was the Tanto on the first puncture?

Now we need a round 4!
Wasn’t too bad. I went gently about it getting it in, not fully knowing what I was getting in to haha. Idk if it’s just me but I still feel a drop point pierces easier than a tanto. I know they say tantos are good for piercing but maybe they just mean it’s stronger?

I’ll try to remember do an Inkosi at some point. See how the thicker blade handles it

Wasn’t too bad. I went gently about it getting it in, not fully knowing what I was getting in to haha. Idk if it’s just me but I still feel a drop point pierces easier than a tanto. I know they say tantos are good for piercing but maybe they just mean it’s stronger?

I’ll try to remember do an Inkosi at some point. See how the thicker blade handles it

Tanto can pierce easier, but depends on the design of the tanto.

Tanto can pierce easier, but depends on the design of the tanto.
Gotcha. The only tantos I have are a 21 and a Inkosi. They do Pierce well. The only thing I really pierce a lot regularly would be blister packs, bags of deer corn and quikrete. Only things that come to mind anyhow. Just feels like a drop point works easier. Hell I could be doing it wrong :D

Huh, I may have underestimated the capability of CRK steel. Did a paper cut test afterwards, and although the belly isn't as sharp as it was, it's still perfectly fine. Probably just a quick stopping away from razor sharp again. 20200804_160225~2_resize_48.jpg

Back