440A? 440C?

afishhunter

Gold Member
beagleboy beagleboy Three of my Böker knives, a large stockman, trapper, and 4 blade Scout/Camp knife were advertised to have 440C blades, and the packaging said "440C.
The blades have "440A" on the blades.

Are the blades 440A or 440C?
I know it is possible for the wrong blade steel to be laser etched on the blade or stamped on the tang. (I've seen it before; "440A" on a 10xx carbon steel blade.)

I like the knives, and have no intention of returning them. I just want to know which 440 steel the blades really are.

Thank you. :)

Are they Böker Magnum, As they are normally 440A, I have a few of them, They are the budget line.

Best to check the Böker website.

https://www.boker.de/en/
Magnum (Scout/Camp knife) and Plus (Stockman and Trapper).
Budget lines or not, there is a discrepancy between what the box (Magnum) and blister pack (Plus; the Stockman and Trapper came as a set) says, and what's on the blades.

I've checked the website. All that told me is they are no longer listed. I searched for them by model number.

I just want to know which 440 it is. I have no problem with 440A. (I have several knives with that steel) If the box and/or blister pack had said "440A" I still would have bought them.
Like I said in my initial post, I like these knives. And yes, they do get pocket time.

I have not had a 440C knife since the late 1960's/early 1970's, and I want another one.
IF I need to continue my search for one, so be it. I just want to know one way or another.

As for the 4 blade Scout/Camp knife, I never expected the punch, screwdriver/cap lifter, and can opener blades to be 440C. There would be no practical reason for them to be. (If they are, great -- an added "bonus".) The spear point main? That I expected to be 440C, based on what the box said.

Sorry, I was out of office end of last week.

To check that, I would need item numbers, or photos, to be able to verify the exact model(s).

beagleboy beagleboy
Böker Plus Model 01B0234SET is the stockman and trapper.
Both have amber jigged bone covers.

I'm still looking for the 4 blade scout/camp knife box.

I just checked and found out: the first delivery had a misprint on the packaging. We changed the package info with the next batch, so the blade steel is (and was always) 440A, like etched on the blade.

Back