• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

440c Necker!!

Here is one of my modified {slightly longer, pointier, and narrower blade for easier turning in cuts like peeling an apple} Carter Pattern neckers, decked out with a 440c blade, Cocobolo scales and brass pins. this one is a super light, nice and thin, light to medium use utility knife, for daily cutting uses such as opening mail, trimming fingernails, peeling an apple, making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, ect... of course they work great in the field for small game, wild turkeys, and trout. this pattern also works pretty good on game up to the size of antelope and smaller whitetails!

OAL- 6 7/8"

blade- 3 1/4" long tip to scales, .065" thick at the spine, .028" measured 1/4" behind the edge, and .013" thick at the shoulder of the edge. 3/4" wide

steel- 440c oil quenched from my PID controlled heat treat oven and double tempered for a really nice performing blade that takes and holds a great edge and yet is easy to resharpen!

grind- a full flat grind, sharpened on a Smiths 325 diamond hone with micro bevels, to an agressive razor edge

finish- A45 with blue scotchbrite belt finish.

handle- Cocobolo with brass pins. handle is finished with 200 grit with the lines running lengthwise with the handle so it looks good yet isn't slick

sheath- .060 thick kydex with small black rivets. stripped paracord, easily adjustable, and it is cut for my necker safety feature.

weight - 2.45 ounces for the total package of knife, sheath and cord. That's about the weight of a Zippo lighter!!!!!! for the WHOLE PACKAGE!!

I did a few videos on youtube on my 2 lines of neckers:

to explain what I am after in a neck knife

and a destructive test of the Carter style necker

here is the youtube series on how I came to my 440c heat treat

https://youtu.be/apW82MT8VnM

$135 plus $5 for shiping/insurance to CONUS. I can accept paypal Joe357m@bresnan.net or money order.

1st to post "I'll take it" gets it!!!

413553472.jpg

Ships within 48 hours of payment priority with ins.

Feedback appreciated, and thanks for looking!

If you would like one like this one or different, PM or email with details!

Holy crap! So you are saying I can't destroy this knife? Love this knife.

Does it come with a neck sheath? I didn't watch all the videos. Is the sheath in one of the vids?

Ahh I see it , kydex in the first video. Neck knives are the most important tool I'm my profession with explosives. You just run out of places to put tools on your body. Let me sleep on this one .

Army,

no, I'm not saying that you cant destroy this knife, in the videos, I think I broke a couple of them so that you can have a good idea of what it takes to break one, so you know what to expect, and what I'm after in a neck knife.

yes, it comes with a sheath, I got a new camera, and was trying to get a good picture, and of course, the best one I took didn't have the sheath in it. but it comes with a standard black kydex sheath, with hollow rivets so you can either wear it as a necker, or strap it to whatever you need to so it stays handy. I think the sheath is in one of the vids.

I've got a couple of your knifes and they have been beasts. I wish this had a slight guard because I work in very cold climates. Man than handle is just beautiful. I'm gonna sleep on it. I don't have PayPal anymore because my credit union hates me but I can do a money order easily.

thanks for the kind words, and I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the others!! If you have a hankering for one with a guard, I think I have 3 of them with guards on my website, and money orders work well also.

Back