4v Manix 2 in marbled CF - Fradon Lock Company exclusive

Guys edit your posts... Deal spotting from a non supported vendor is just gonna get you warning points.

Got mine in today. :D
Beautiful knife. :cool:

DSC_6095.JPG

DSC_6096.JPG

No, I haven't.

All they had so far was the Mule Team and this one in 4V.

Didn't notice that one, P3's are too short for me to test anyway and it's DLC coated.

And no, I am not planning on using it.

I have two, inbound! However, I only wanted to have one, inbound, lol. Oh well, it's such a beautiful knife, in my eyes, how could I be pissed, at myself, for ordering two, by mistake?

Maybe one gets pressed into service, and one becomes a safe-queen? At 178.47, this is one hell of a knife! So, I'll keep both, for now! Let's hope that that 15% off of everything, sale, returns, soon! Or, maybe that 15% off is more like the death of my wallet, lol.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this knife, in person!

The CF is gorgeous, personally I avoid the easier-staining steels just because I live in a very moist state with a lot of seasonal variation in humidity and temperature, it's a recipe for thinking you know how to care for a given steel right up until you get a heat wave and it winds up bathed in sweat.

I also don't like hollow grinds unless they are relatively high and shallow enough to avoid the weird flared-out cross section that an aggressive hollow grind results in. Something like a Kizer Shoal M390 has beautifully thin blade stock and so the hollow grind on it is just as good a choice as a flat grind would be, but on a larger knife I'm more likely to choose a flat ground blade.

But then, I am more of a use-as-needed knife owner rather than someone who actually needs a knife for a specific kind of task. I've never been able to figure out the purpose of a low and aggressive hollow grind on a large or heavy duty knife like this one is. It's kind of bad for food-like materials and seems like the aggressive hollow grind would compromise its capability with hard materials.

Super pretty Manix though, and I love the flood of gorgeous exclusives and sprints that have come out lately.

Also, what was the name of the upcoming knife with an almost lighter-like top flipper mechanism? If that gets an M390/20CV/204P, XHP, or Cru-Wear run I'm getting one.

Delivered! Very nice too. Not super sharp out of the box, But being my first 4V knife I had no intention on leaving the factory edge on it anyway.

tdRt0zy.jpg

Nice. Post up your sharpening impressions.

Back