5.11 Tactical Camp & Field Knife (CFK 7)

Took my new 5.11 Tactical Camp & Field Knife (CFK 7) out and used it to clear up some brush and small trees on my property.

VlJDqbt.jpg

0fTKU7n.jpg

SPECS:
7" Blade
13" Overall
.25" SCM 435 Stainless at 58-60 HRC
Designed by Justin Gingrich

First rounds were cutting down some small saplings that had invaded our landscaping.

W8I4DwS.jpg

nC2w8Xp.jpg

Last edited:
Next up was a Evergreen that died last year and I've been meaning to get rid of.

LIyjapd.jpg

5nhgioi.jpg

ojSCIwr.jpg

U2entfk.jpg

vK5XGrz.jpg

Last edited:
Even after the dead tree, the blade showed no damage to the edge or coating. The discoloration from the tree, wiped right of later when I went inside and washed the blade.

Z5xqlPa.jpg

lBLsGVE.jpg

pnHJcI4.jpg

9YxI2Yw.jpg

I haven't been able to find out a lot about this steel, but I was impressed that even after all this chopping, it was still shaving hair from my arm.

AvhVrvJ.jpg

Overall, I like this blade alot, it's BIG and heavy, IMO better suited to attaching to a pack or load bearing rig, rather than on a belt, but seems up to the task you would throw at it.

EDIT:I fixed this review to replace the old photobucket links, and since writing it, this monster has became my BOB/GHB knife. It's just a beast, and I've yet to find anything that slows it down.

Last edited:
I've never heard of that steel myself. According to the very cool ZKnives website, the composition looks terrible for a knife steel. But as they say, it isn't the ingredients, it's the baked cake that we like to eat! .2%-.3% carbon and about 1% chromium, with some Mo and Si.

Here is a PDF I found concerning the steel...https://www.jim.or.jp/journal/e/pdf3/54/01/56.pdf

I believe that says the steel is bainitic.

Last edited:
I don't like many of 5.11's knife designs, but this one looks pretty good. Never heard of that steel either.

Back