• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

5 walnut kitchen knives

I was hoping to get these posted last Monday, but the power went out Sunday evening and didn't come back on until Thursday morning. We finally got our cable/internet service back up and running, so I'm grateful to be able to offer these online today!

All are made from 1/16" Sheffield O1 tool steel. The heat treatment included a prequench and sub zero quench, as well as triple tempers. The hardness on all five knives is 64-65HRC. I really like using carbon steels that have high hardness and thin grinds and edges, and that was the purpose behind offering these 5 knives, especially at a really good price point for the package. They have good edge retention and are relatively easy to sharpen using simple stones and equipment. All have hand rubbed finishes on the blades, and the handles are nicely figured Claro walnut that has been hand rubbed, oiled, and waxed for protection. They feel great in the hand with various grip styles, and can be used for chores outside of the kitchen, should you desire! The first two are longer utility style knives, and the other three are more of a paring knife, or EDC (every day carry) should you desire!

Knife # 1

OAL: 10 1/2"
Blade: 6 1/4" stiff, very little flex
Handle: 4 1/4"
Thickness: 1/16"
Edge: 13° per side, 6 micron

Price: sold

ylpa6I8.jpg

iwq6DCJ.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knife # 2

OAL: 10 1/4"
Blade: 6 1/8" stiff, very little flex
Handle: 4 1/4"

Zy8AGdI.jpg

eiPgFsN.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knife # 3

OAL: 7 1/2"
Blade: 3 5/8"
Handle: 3 3/4"

sw89Jd8.jpg

8AqBhYi.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knife # 4

Price: $130

GVlAob8.jpg

1xVlNoV.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knife # 5

jhDim46.jpg

2gSbBfH.jpg

All knives have free shipping included anywhere in the USA, as well as a plastic edge guard. All knives, as usual, come with a life time unlimited warranty. I just ask that you keep in mind that O1 tool steel is not stainless, and will require simple maintenance to keep rust from forming. Basically you just wipe it dry when done using! Also, please keep in mind these are the furthest from the proverbial "sharpened pry bar". The knives have thin stock, thin grinds, thin edges, and hard steel for slicing ability and overall improved edge retention. You might keep clear of frozen foods and cutting through bone, as well as torquing the edge in harder foods. Recommend you use a wooden or plastic cutting board. Thank you for taking a look, and follow me on Instagram: stuartalandavenport

Last edited:
Back