5 years later still loving my K-Tusk.

It's been almost 5 years since I took that kauri handled powder coated K-tusk off your hands and it's been my steady edc for the last three (at least).

And for all that time the blade coating has been relatively impervious to wear. It has some dings from where I used it to split some brass pins (probably not the best idea with an s30v blade) , but they aren't nearly as bad as the dings on my emerson from doing the same thing. And it does have some sheath wear along the edge of the grind. But that's it. It's cut a lot of things that I thought would chew it up but haven't, and the texture of the finish make cutting things, especially food things, a breeze. Cheese slides right off the blade, it's great.

I think it qualifies as the best $250 I've ever spent.

I have to say, I know you have 50 other projects to work on right now, and I know you have to do the blades in batches, and I recall you saying it makes the handle work a pain, but I would love to see another few blades with that finish happen. I would definitely be interested in picking up another one or two now that I'm solvent again.

~Nimick

Those were definitely a lot of fun to make. I will see if I can dig up a pic or two. Thanks for the write-up!
Dan

Well here's a before pic.

Did I mention it's gorgeous.

After pic when I find my camera.

Last edited:
It's really a beauty Nimick. Seems like a great skinner/slicer thought it would be hurt if you scratch the blade, huh? :)

It's really a beauty Nimick. Seems like a great skinner/slicer thought it would be hurt if you scratch the blade, huh? :)

I love it. Here's a more recent pic:

0619131152_zps3c849251.jpg

Close up on the damage to the finish after splitting pins on stage pin plugs:

0619131152a_zps1f88c022.jpg

The other side looks better.

This is a stage pin plug:

Stagepin_zpse11fa55f.jpg

Nice point. Thanks a lot for your pictures.
What tasks do you use this knife mainly for? Hope it's not a good pal of Craftman wrench :)
Can you show an in-hand picture of this knife?

Well, the blade is one of my EDC's so I use it for whatever. Generally opening food packages.

Sometimes it is partnered with a wrench, usually a Lightspeed wrench, or if it is a C-wrench, it's a Snap-On. (and let's be honest, the c-wrench is it's bitch.)

Back