505 question

Discussion in 'Woods Bladeworks' started by Mike Large, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Mike Large

Mike Large

Jun 24, 2017
    Found a tiny buck 505 at a pawn shop but noticed buck is written in what seems to be maybe cursive or a scripture type writing...anyone ever seen something like this?

2. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    You mean something like this? The script tang stamp was switched to block lettering in (I believe) 1986 as well as adding a year mark. The micarta covers on mine indicate pre 1984 if I remember correctly.

IMG_6121.jpg

3. Mike Large

Mike Large

Jun 24, 2017
    Maybe this is micarta as Well? Not sure... having no luck at all finding the exact year[​IMG]

4. BP_

Aug 26, 2015
    I can't tell for sure by your pic, but if the scale is a maroon color it is indeed maroon micarta which would put it in the same era as mine.

Nice score. I have several and enjoy them.

5. Mike Large

Mike Large

Jun 24, 2017
    It was super dirty at the bottom of a bucket with a sticker that said $3. Haha super score! And thanks for the help... I'll just assume this knife is older than I am, that's cool enough for me

6. BP_

Aug 26, 2015
    Oh man that's AWESOME! Send it in to Buck for a spa treatment, and you'll have a brand new looking knife that's cleaned up, lubed, and smooth as can be. It will serve you well for many years. :)

Mike Large likes this.