52100 KW Exclusive Manix

Getting mine dirty today

pbAtpcq.jpg

I haven’t used my Manix yet but have been carrying my 52100 PM2 a lot lately. I ended up reprofiling to 30 degrees and use the sharpmaker for easy touch ups. It’s the easiest steel to sharpen I’ve ever worked with. I rolled a small section of the edge and it only took a few passes on the mediums to get back to hair popping again. Truly an awesome steel if you’re aware of the low corrosion resistance and don’t mind some what frequent but fast touch ups.
Any Way you'd part with the 52100 manix? Been looking for one on the secondary forever. I've got PayPal ready if interested

Don't have this knife...but I have lots of 52100 blades. Just great, fine grained steel, imho. That's all I got.

Any Way you'd part with the 52100 manix? Been looking for one on the secondary forever. I've got PayPal ready if interested

Sorry but I’ll be hanging on to this one. The only blade I would be willing to part with is the DLC M4 PM2 but I was hoping to trade it for the DLC M4 Manix.

This knife has been amazing so far. I have been using it for everything since it arrived.

Cut up cardboard, food prep every morning and evening, rubber hoses, zip ties, old rags....and more.

All I do is run the edge on my strop that’s loaded with green compound.

LOVING the Manix 2

Don't have this knife...but I have lots of 52100 blades. Just great, fine grained steel, imho. That's all I got.

Well, I waited a bit but finally succumbed to the temptation.

I was messing around with a couple of my custom traditional folders in 52100 last night and after testing them on phone book paper I slapped my forehead and knew I just had to have this awesome steel in a "modern" folder.

Since I've never owned (handled or seen) a Manix 2 and have been wanting to give one a try...it was pretty much a no-brainer.

Looking forward to this one. I love the look in the images online.

Well, I waited a bit but finally succumbed to the temptation.

I was messing around with a couple of my custom traditional folders in 52100 last night and after testing them on phone book paper I slapped my forehead and knew I just had to have this awesome steel in a "modern" folder.

Since I've never owned (handled or seen) a Manix 2 and have been wanting to give one a try...it was pretty much a no-brainer.

Looking forward to this one. I love the look in the images online.

Let us know what you think of it Blues.

Thank you, Sharp Guy. (Even if you are a Blackhawks fan.)

(I started going to Rangers games when Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita were the guys we looked forward to seeing. Original 6 was still all there was.)

Thank you, Sharp Guy. (Even if you are a Blackhawks fan.)

(I started going to Rangers games when Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita were the guys we looked forward to seeing. Original 6 was still all there was.)
A few years back the company I worked for gave me tickets to the Blackhawks game. One of my brothers worked downtown (Chicago) so I drove in and picked him up at work. We arrived a couple minutes into the first period. The usher checked our tickets...hesitated a bit...looked down toward our seats...checked our tickets again...hesitated a minute...then told us to wait. He walked down to where are seats are and moved two old guys over that were sitting in our seats. He waved us down and seated us. We started watching the game and a few minutes later the guy behind me taps me on the shoulder. He says...do you know who that is sitting next to you? I turned and looked at the guy next to me. It turns out that Bobby Hull and Billy Ray had been sitting in our seats! Haha

T0PUHoTl.jpg

Apologies for the bad pic but...speaking the original six...

0gVV8bwl.jpg

Sorry about the thread drift! Had to share with a fellow hockey fan.

You're a lucky man. The "Golden Jet" was some kind of player, I saw him play several times. When I was a kid we took a family trip across Canada and at one point ended up in Whitewood, Saskatchewan, "Home of Bobby Hull". I kept on telling my dad that we should look for him.

Knife related: That's a great image of the Manix 2 you posted. I'm really looking forward to mine arriving tomorrow. I think it's going to be a great knife. I already know how much I love the steel.

Knife related: That's a great image of the Manix 2 you posted. I'm really looking forward to mine arriving tomorrow. I think it's going to be a great knife. I already know how much I love the steel.
Thanks Blues. I've wanted to try 52100. So I figured the KW exclusive was a good way to do it. I've only touched up the factory edge on the Sharpmaker but I can already see what all the fuss is about.

You're a lucky man. The "Golden Jet" was some kind of player, I saw him play several times. When I was a kid we took a family trip across Canada and at one point ended up in Whitewood, Saskatchewan, "Home of Bobby Hull". I kept on telling my dad that we should look for him.

I think you'll love it Elliot! :thumbsup: The HT on this 52100 is great, so you should know what to expect there. Otherwise, I think it handles very much like the PM2 with an Axis-like lock and is slightly heavier with the full liners. The black/grey look awesome too! :cool: Post pics! :D

Thanks, brother. I've been fortunate enough to own several excellent 52100 blades, including some forged by master smiths. It's a great steel and I'm not surprised to hear that Spyderco's heat treat is right up there.

I'm glad this'll give me a chance to check out the Manix 2 platform as I have enough PM2s and Para 3s for the moment. (Sacrilege!!! :p)

OTOH, my iPhone images cannot compare to what others have already posted, so I don't think I'll subject anyone to the letdown. (I will say, the images alone made me like the knife, the steel was the cherry on top.)

Hopefully, USPS is on their game today.

Almost every image I've posted in the past 4 years has been from an iPhone, so you might be surprised what you can do. ;)

I actually passed on the 52100/CF PM2 because of this Manix. :eek:

Back