52100 Millitary

After cold blueing my 52100 blade, with diligent oiling, I've had no further rust problems, even after having used it in the mud and snow.

I'll 2nd the caution about stowing in a sealed container, unless you have a dessicant pack in there, too.

Oh snap!! BladeHQ has them in stock again for a sweet deal.
Now the wait for jade PM2 sprint run...

I received notification from Blade Hq that one is going to show up at my house on Monday, which happens to be my birthday! I haven't been this excited for a new Spyderco in a long time. I did not think that there was anyway I was going to pick one up as I do not set on the internet all day/night and seem to have no luck as far as timing is concerned. The Military is my favorite Spyderco platform - I do not have all the models, but quite a few - I think I'm up to nine or ten. This one will be a very welcome addition.

Has anyone taken one of these newer Millies apart yet? I'm interested in how difficult it is with that new pinned stop pin! I don't want to buy one if I can't take it apart to clean!

Has anyone taken one of these newer Millies apart yet? I'm interested in how difficult it is with that new pinned stop pin! I don't want to buy one if I can't take it apart to clean!

The stepped stop pin is not riveted in place. It floats between the two liners. Easy to disassemble.

Really liking this knife a lot. Lightweight, smooth, great F&F and takes a very fine edge. Oh yeah, and it stains :D
image_zps2a2q5civ.jpeg

Finally arrived! Thank you BladeHQ and Spyderco for another awesome knife!

IMG_3151_zpsumizcygx.jpg

IMG_3152_zpsqmzztckd.jpg

IMG_3153_zpsfomylkfd.jpg

Way to go knifecenter👍

I preordered the military 52100, received several e-mails saying "don't worry your in good hands" we are processing your order. And I called to make sure my order was good. Spoke with a ladie and she said yes your good.

Got this today:

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that we will not be able to get any more of the Spyderco C36CFP52100. This item was not made available to us in the quantities originally hoped. We are sorry that we could not complete your order.

The order is being canceled at this time and you have not been charged. Please feel free to contact us if you would like help in picking a substitute item.

I had several opportunities to pick this knife up else where, but I was assured I was in good hands. I know I'll find one, but why does knifecenter take orders and not fullfill them. Maybe take less orders, and if there are extra just post them. Just poor business.👎

Thanks. I used mustard and bubble wrap to achieve this pattern

Don

Did you sandwich the blade between the mustard and bubble wrap or just dab it with the bubble wrap? Do you use the knife? Has it changed with use? How bout an updated pic How long did you let it set? Sorry for all the questions but I really like that and would love to replicate it.

Did you sandwich the blade between the mustard and bubble wrap or just dab it with the bubble wrap? Do you use the knife? Has it changed with use? How bout an updated pic How long did you let it set? Sorry for all the questions but I really like that and would love to replicate it.

Joe, I first applied a thin layer of mustard on the blade and dab more mustard onto the blade using bubble wrap to form the pattern. The mustard was left there for about 45min before I washed it off.

28002912686_9381cc1c17_b.jpg

I have not use the knife much as I have a number of rotation. I used it to open letters and cut a few boxes. It still look the same.

It is fairly easy to replicate. Good luck and enjoy the process.

Don

Back