52100 Para2

KC shipped mine already. GPK has it in stock now as well. Still waiting on BladeHQ - they're weird about canceling pre-orders so I don't want to cancel quite yet.

BHQ weird about cancelling? How so? I just logged on and clicked 'cancel' on my order. It now shows cancelled.

BHQ weird about cancelling? How so? I just logged on and clicked 'cancel' on my order. It now shows cancelled.

I haven't tried their new online cancellation system yet - in the past you had to call or email to cancel orders. However, their policy on pre-orders is that deposits are non-refundable. Given that, I'm assuming that their online system isn't set up to process refunds automatically if you cancel a pre-order. You'd probably need to speak with a manager to get a refund - assuming they don't insist on giving store credit instead.

Rather than gambling on how their system works, and having to keep track of if a refund has been issued, I'm guessing it's easier to just wait for the knife to get shipped, then either return it or resell it here.

^^ Thanks for the info. I better call. Store credit!? I have a feeling this will not be my last knife :D

Edit: fyi, cancelled pre-order gets automatically credited back to the credit card.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered from BHQ the minute I read the email announcement last Thursday. Personally, this is the Grail of all Grails for me. I called BHQ yesterday afternoon after seeing them in stock at KC and was initially told they were in stock. The rep paused for a minute, said his manager was right there, and then said they weren't in stock and would ship later this month.

I thought I could patiently wait for BHQ to get their shipment, but that lasted all of 24 hours. I just ordered from KC. This one is too important to take any chances for me after sitting on the fence with other coveted sprints/exclusives.

I pre-ordered from BHQ the minute I read the email announcement last Thursday. Personally, this is the Grail of all Grails for me. I called BHQ yesterday afternoon after seeing them in stock at KC and was initially told they were in stock. The rep paused for a minute, said his manager was right there, and then said they weren't in stock and would ship later this month.

I thought I could patiently wait for BHQ to get their shipment, but that lasted all of 24 hours. I just ordered from KC. This one is too important to take any chances for me after sitting on the fence with other coveted sprints/exclusives.

What "chance" are you taking? Did you read post 28?

What "chance" are you taking? Did you read post 28?
I sure did, but I can't stop thinking about completely implausible what ifs. What if BHQ's shipment was stolen by a rogue shipping agent? After all, Utah is far closer to Golden than Virginia. I trust BHQ implicitly having bought from them before. It's mostly a matter of my impatience. BHQ assured me the order was solid and would go out the door the day they got them. I guess I will own my first backup when the second one arrives.

Last edited:
its weird bladehq is the last to get them. so be it, i aint worried.

Is this Variant an Exclusive or a Sprint Run? The GP Knives YouTube video is promoting it as a distributer exclusive, yet their website, and Spydiewiki list it as a Sprint Run. Now I'm confused. Thanks.

Got one from KC I like buying from company that have a rewards point system . they always make me buy more than what I want :D

Is this Variant an Exclusive or a Sprint Run? The GP Knives YouTube video is promoting it as a distributer exclusive, yet their website, and Spydiewiki list it as a Sprint Run. Now I'm confused. Thanks.
I’ve only seen one reference to it as a Sprint run. Most list it as “limited”. I couldn’t find any reference on the Spyderco forums either.

I’ve only seen one reference to it as a Sprint run. Most list it as “limited”. I couldn’t find any reference on the Spyderco forums either.
What is the distinction between a "sprint run" (which is limited) and "limited run" (which apparently is not a sprint run)? If nobody knows for sure, then I am guessing folks are just confused and they are in fact the same thing.

True, just seems that there is confusion at the dealer level which I’m not used to seeing. A little odd (nothing bad meant by that). Might matter to some looking for rarity.

Last edited:
True, just seems that their is confusion at the dealer level which I’m not used to seeing. A little odd (nothing bad meant by that). Might matter to some looking for rarity.
Yeah, I'm guessing it's just new employees or maybe customers calling to ask what a sprint run is and then getting an answer that contains the word "limited". It could be a lot of different things, but I think "limited" and "sprint" are just being used interchangeably by a few folks.

I got a couple from GPK and really look forward to testing how fine an edge it will take and hold. The question I have is: Does 52100 respond well to thinning out the main bevel below 15 DPS...maybe down to 12 or so? If this has been previously discussed, I apologize.

Thanks,

I got a couple from GPK and really look forward to testing how fine an edge it will take and hold. The question I have is: Does 52100 respond well to thinning out the main bevel below 15 DPS...maybe down to 12 or so? If this has been previously discussed, I apologize.

Thanks,

from what ive read it does real well edge stability on thinner angles.

quote from ole cliff stamp....

"52100 has near optimal :

-apex stability
-ease of sharpening
-maximum hardness

It is the non-stainless equivalent of AEB-L."

i dont know how thinly ground or angled though? guess it depends on what youre cutting. ill let the experts chime in with more facts......

just ordered one,my first non stainless steel PM2,was hoping to get the M4!but a little to much money for me at this time.

Thanks for your reply ScooterG. According to the same topic on Spyderco forums, this is a distributer exclusive. For those that think "limited" only means "limited", there is big difference between a Sprint Run and an Exclusive. Exclusive's can have more than one run, such as the case of the Brown S35VN PM2 exclusive, and the Blue M390 PM2 exclusive. There have been multiple runs of each of those variants. Many people paid more than retail on the secondary market for those knives, only to have them reappear on the retail market years after the initial run. Sprint Runs are a true one-run and done scenario.

Thanks for your reply ScooterG. According to the same topic on Spyderco forums, this is a distributer exclusive. For those that think "limited" only means "limited", there is big difference between a Sprint Run and an Exclusive. Exclusive's can have more than one run, such as the case of the Brown S35VN PM2 exclusive, and the Blue M390 PM2 exclusive. There have been multiple runs of each of those variants. Many people paid more than retail on the secondary market for those knives, only to have them reappear on the retail market years after the initial run. Sprint Runs are a true one-run and done scenario.

Yes sir, I have many Sprints. I doubt this is an exclusive as it’s available at GP, KC, BHQ, & KP from what I’ve seen. The differences between the S35VN was that it was made when Spyderco could schedule it in. The M390 was solely sold at BB.

Back