535-1901 Bugout with 20CV and G10 is here

You can't be serious, those scales are atrocious. Come on Benchmade, you've really been a disappointment lately.

But damn those are some fugly hideous scales. Mystifies me. You were so close, guys!
I really don't like that jade color. I thought the bleeding edge effect was cool and the butterfly silhouette novel and sort of cool, although I can't say I've ever wished for larger branding on a knife or anything else for that matter (especially a giant butterfly).

A move in the right direction overall but I'll hold off... I don't like buying variations of the same knife but I would do so for the Bugout, it surprises me how much I like this knife.

Maybe in the future we can see some Flytanium-like scales that don't cost almost as much as the knife itself?

Wow, I read this thread before finding a pic... Didn't that it could be THAT bad, but it is :( At least I won't be tempted to buy it. I'm still hoping for M4 and real DLC. Maybe they'll get the next one right.

535-1901_pair_1000x1000.jpg

I really don't like that jade color. I thought the bleeding edge effect was cool and the butterfly silhouette novel and sort of cool, although I can't say I've ever wished for larger branding on a knife or anything else for that matter (especially a giant butterfly).

A move in the right direction overall but I'll hold off... I don't like buying variations of the same knife but I would do so for the Bugout, it surprises me how much I like this knife.

Maybe in the future we can see some Flytanium-like scales that don't cost almost as much as the knife itself?
I have 3 versions of the Bugout (green, blue, bhq black) and 2 940 versions (-2, -1501). I would get this one mainly for the blade steel. The scales look good, IMO.

I have Allen Putman scales ($70) on one Bugout and Rogue BW CF ($90) on another. BHQ listed some Bugout G10 scales for $40 last week.

The really really good part is the steel upgrade and the satin hardware. This was made to have Rouge Bladeworks carved titanium scales put on it. I might get just for doing that. That'd be the winning Bugout for sure.

And from some comments they made on IG, it sounds like there will be dealer exclusives with different colors of G10, so maybe some other versions that are less...inexcusably terrible will be forthcoming.

I'm not into jade g10 in general but the butterfly logo is a no go for me as well.

The really really good part is the steel upgrade and the satin hardware. This was made to have Rouge Bladeworks carved titanium scales put on it. I might get just for doing that. That'd be the winning Bugout for sure.
The blue Bugout is my main user so I wanted some G10 scales. The Putman scales were the only ones I liked. Most of the CF scales are plain and overpriced (IMO) for what they were. The Rogue BW Carve CF has enough design elements on it to make it almost worth it and since I have no self control, I ordered one.

I4424HX.jpg

I like where your head is at on this one, though I'm thinking more of carved Micarta...

Showed this to a Radiologist I work with (who loves his Bugout) and we both cringed at the scales. G10 & a different steel choice is a step in the right direction at least. Knife-nuts have been asking for G10 scales on the Bugout since it first came - guess we forgot to clarify "Don't make them ugly"

Back