535-1901 Bugout with 20CV and G10 is here

The really really good part is the steel upgrade and the satin hardware. This was made to have Rouge Bladeworks carved titanium scales put on it. I might get just for doing that. That'd be the winning Bugout for sure.

Agreed, good plan. The only way this variant will look good IMO is with a scale swap.

Hmmm... I kinda like it. If it were under $150 I'd snatch one up. $195 plus tax puts it way low on my priority list.

Good from far.....Far from good.

Bench made really needs to re consider who they have pitching and aolrovong new products. I own/owned a BUNCH of Benchmades. The last few years have been crap. My last two purchases were Bugouts and both received custom scales.
Finally a steel upgrade only to tank it with those horrible jade/blue butterfly scales.
I wouldn’t mind having the 20 CV, but I’m not dumping more money to fix a LRI Ken they could have easily dine since they already upgraded to G10.

Who picks this crap?

I have 3 Bugouts and swapped scales on 2 of them. Not because they needed it but because I was curious to see how much better the aftermarket scales were and the Bugouts have been my EDC knife of choice even though I rotate between a bunch of others. I really had no complaints with the stock scale but with all the whining about the FRN scales, I wanted to see first hand how much better G10 scales would be. The CF scales were more for bling than functionality but they are stiffer and look awesome.

I don't know if the upgraded steel is really warranted in this model as it's really not a hard use knife. I think it's mainly to appease the steel snobs. I'm mixed on the price as I have about that much in the Bugouts I swapped scales on but still have S30V. I probably wouldn't buy this or another Bugout unless I found a smokin' deal.

Ok, I guess I’m going to be in the smallest minority here. I think that it looks pretty cool. It looks like they milled away the blue under the top layer of G10. A little brand bling. I can see how it’s certainly not for everyone, but I’m going to have to pick one up.

Love the upgrades except for the ugly girly handles.

It's kind of like one of those moments in a Keanu Reeves movies...…... where he's crouched over.... face palming himself.No........No ...….No...…..Benchmade......What were the folks at BM thinking

I loved the light weight of my 530 but hated the frn scales. I got a REI green g10 531
with S30V and liked it much more for feel and consistent action...but it was too thick
behind the edge and chipped like mad. I decided to try a 117 dollar Syderco lil Native
with the comp lock and I am happy...despite it being heavier. I totally understand
wanting a flyweight EDC because they carry super light and are handy.
I hate the FRN scales on the bugout. BM should make a Ti scale version with insane
back of scale milling in 20CV, M390, etc. That would be worth 195.
G10 scales and 20CV are not...just no.
Much better knives cost less.

I kind of like s30v done by BM so the steel improvement is not that much interesting for me
However the silver hardware looks good.
But $195+ price for new scales make it a huge PASS for me
I am fine with my ranger green Bugout

Managed to snag one this morning, I was surprised by how quickly these went considering some of the posts here weren't keen on it!

I missed it at DLT, and was in the process of checking out at BladeHQ and it went out of stock before I could complete my order. So I sat at my desk hitting refresh on GPknives until it became available and grabbed one as soon as it became available. Right after I checked out, it was out of stock. I won't underestimate demand again!

Back